More recently, I was in a hurry and supposed to rush to a family get together within in an hour’s time. I was still stuck up with a question in my mind ‘What to wear for the party’? I cannot find a matching legging to my Red Party wear Kurti. I remember it buying, but have no idea where did I stuff it. Neither can I find a matching designer dupatta for my white shalwar, nor a proper blouse for my purple color crape saree. Somehow, I have managed to get the saree and blouse after a lot of difficulty in searching these in my wardrobe. But, another issue cropped up. Now, where do I find the matching slip to wear for a saree? And guess what, I landed with the same old jeans and T – shirt for a ‘Family Get Together’.
Similar to the saying, ‘you realize only when you face’, it was then I have decided, ‘this is it. It is a time for me to organize my clothes. Let me take a privilege and share my experiences of designing a perfect Wardrobe;
• Let out all your clothes that are dumped in the Wardrobe, from every rack to every sari, dupattas, ethnic, western wears everything.
• Clean your Wardrobe thoroughly. If possible put some naphthalene balls in every rack and every corner in your cupboard.
• It is always good to put some newspapers, before stuffing the cupboard with clothes. This way any dust or damage in the furniture, does not affect your clothes.
• Now, segregate your entire clothes into western wear, saris, slips, night wear, party wear, daily wear, semi party wear (clothes that you prefer wearing for small get together), lingerie, all those extra legins and blouses.
• Once the segregation is done, start folding the clothes in a proper order.
• It’s is the time for you to put all the clothes back in your Wardrobe.
• It is better all your party, designer wear saris and dresses to put on a hanger. All your daily wear kurtis and leggings, shalwar suits in one row, daily wear saris in a row, western wear in a row, night wear separately, slips on another side and lingerie probably in a cover that should be kept near night wear.
• If you find you are done with your job, then you are absolutely mistaken. It is more difficult to maintain yourWardrobe, the same way you have segregated it. So, work on it. Be patient enough to put back all those clothes after washed and ironed in their respective areas. Atleast for once in three months, remove all the clothes, clean the Wardrobe and put back the clothes.
• One last point. Do not dump all those clothes and party wear, that you intense to wear it again before washing, with fresh clothes. You can instead put a separate space for these in your Wardrobe.
And you know, keeping our home and Wardrobe organized talks about how we are as a person too. If you wish people to talk positive about you, then be organized with your home and Wardrobe.
And what else, with all those perfect clothes on you, you will definitely be the best!