Indian restaurant in Aus slapped with a fine

September 06, 2012 13:30
Indian restaurant in Aus slapped with a fine

An Indian restaurant in Sydney of Australia was slapped with a fine of 97,000 Australian dollars for the unhygienic atmosphere. The health inspectors conducted sudden raids on this restaurant and were astonished to see rats and cockroaches everywhere even near eatables. The health inspectors have filed case against the restaurant owners and the court ordered the owner to pay a fine of 97,000 dollars.

According to the report, the health inspectors received a complaint from a customer who stated that he found rat droppings on the serving tables. The officials, who raided on the restaurant, noticed that samosas, which were ready to be cooked, were kept in a cup board, which was infested with cockroaches.

Downing Centre Local Court, which tried this case, observed that the defendant failed to adopt standards of cleanliness within the food business and displayed a complete disregard for the laws.

(AW Phani)

If you enjoyed this Post, Sign up for Newsletter

(And get daily dose of political, entertainment news straight to your inbox)

Rate This Article
(0 votes)