Quinoa is a wonder grain that keeps you full and satisfied like rice but is healthier. This meal is rich in fiber and helps to avoid unwanted cravings especially if you are on a diet.
Prep-Time- 30 min
2 cups quinoa (boiled and strained)
2 onion (thinly sliced)
1 tomato (chopped)
3 green chili (slit open)
1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 cup mint leaves (chopped)
1/4 cup coriander leaves/Cilantro (chopped)
1/2 cup fresh yogurt/curd (beaten)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
Salt to taste
250 gms chicken (cut into pieces)
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 Tbsp yogurt/curd
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp oil
2" stick cinnamon
1 bay leaf (small)
1. Wash the chicken and drain the excess water. Marinate it with the ingredients and cover it, keep aside for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a skillet or a pressure cooker, add the tempering ingredients one by one then add onion, green chilli, mint leaves, cilantro, sprinkle little salt and saute for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell leaves.
4. After that add tomato and saute till it turns soft and mushy.
5. Now add the marinated chicken, chilli powder, turmeric powder and saute for 2-3 minutes more.
6. Cover and cook it for 6-7 minutes or till the chicken gets 3/4th cooked.
7. Add 1 cup yogurt, 2 or 3 cups of water, enough salt and allow it to boil.
8. Once it starts boiling, reduce the flame and cook for 3 more minutes.
9. Layer with quinoa, toss and enjoy.
10. Eat with raita and a generous squeeze of lime.
Also Read: Paneer Paratha Recipe
BY M. DIVYA SRI