Prep Time : 6-10 minutes
Cook time : 21-25 minutes
Serve : 4
Paneer (cottage cheese) grated 200 grams
Refined flour (maida) 1 cup
Melted ghee 6 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida a pinch
Coriander powder 2 teaspoons
Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
Chaat masala 1/2 teaspoon
Fresh coriander chopped 2-3 tablespoons
Oil to deep fry
1. In a bowl add refined flour and add 4 tablespoons ghee and salt. Mix well with the fingertips till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add water and knead to stiff dough. Cover with a damp muslin cloth and set aside.
3. Grate the cottage cheese in a bowl.
4. Heat the remaining ghee in a nonstick pan. Add the cumin seeds, once they start to change the colour, add asafoetida and mix. Add coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, chaat masala, coriander leaves salt and saute for 30 seconds.
5. Add the grated cottage cheese and mix well. Transfer the mixture in a bowl and allow to cool.
6. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
7. Divide the dough and stuffing into 8 equal portions.
8. Roll out a portion of the dough and stuff the paneer filling. Gather the edges and roll into a ball flatten slightly with a rolling pin.
9. Deep fry the kachoris on low heat till golden brown and crisp. Drain onto an absorbent paper and Serve hot.
Also Read: Chocolate applesauce cake recipe
By M. Divya Shri