Here are three easy to make lip-smacking recipes that will make you the star of that evening get-together with friends, family or that special someone.
(makes 1, 5 minutes, easy)
50 ml strong coffee, cooled
1 tbsp kahlua (Available in gourmet and wine stores)
2 tbsp double cream
Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Mix the coffee and kahlua in together. Pour the mixture in a martini glass.
- Slowly pour in the double cream over the back of a teaspoon so that it gently settles on the top of the coffee mixture.
- Dust with a little cocoa and serve.
(serves 4, 40 minutes, easy)
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, sliced
2 celery stalks, diced
2 carrots, diced
400 g tomatoes, chopped
400 g kidney beans, boiled
600 ml vegetable stock
100 g spinach, washed and chopped
Crusty bread, to serve
- Cook the onions in the olive oil until they become soft.
- Add the garlic, celery and carrots. Cook for a minute then add the tomatoes, beans and the vegetable stock. Simmer the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread.
(serves 6, 20 minutes + chilling, easy)
3 egg whites
50 g caster sugar
300 g strawberries, whizzed to a puree (sweeten if needed)
142 ml double cream, softly whipped
- Whisk the egg whites until they make for stiff peaks.
- Whisk in the sugar to make it glossy.
- Fold the cream into the mixture, mix and leave it to chill.
- Once cool, mix in the puree (make sure to leave a few tbsp for the garnish).
- Spoon the mousse into glasses and swirl the extra strawberry puree over the mousse.
- Chill then serve