Staying hydrated is one of the most important things to be taken care of in summer season. Water is the best source of hydration, but there are lots of foods that will keep you hydrated in the summer months. Have a look on these and include them in your diet chart.
Top 5 hydrating food items
1. Lettuce: lettuce is one of the best vegetable to be consumed in summer season. It has 95% water content in it. It also has good nutritional value with good amount of protein, omega 3 fatty acids, high fibre, iron and calcium. It holds less calories and zero fat content.
2. Cucumber: Cucumbers are one of summer’s favorite water-packed veggies with 96% of water content. It can be eaten raw or cooked. This food is low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Vitamin A, Pantothenic Acid, Magnesium, phosphorus and Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Potassium. It acts as diuretic and helps to clean out your system.
3. Low-Fat Yogurt: Yogurt is one of the best choices to have in summers as it helps to prevent dehydration. It has 85% water content and is full of live micro-organisms called pro-biotic, which provides a lot of health benefits and fights summer allergies. It is a great source of protein, vitamin B and calcium.
4. Tomatoes: tomatoes contain 95 % of water content. With hundreds of different tomato varieties from around the world, this sweet fruit is rich in antioxidants like lycopene, which has been linked to cancer prevention and heart health.
5. Raw Broccoli: Broccoli contains 89% of water content. It is good hydrating agent that must be consumed in summer season. It is also is a great source of calcium, Vitamin C, Vitamin A and, of course, water. Also its anti-inflammatory properties can enable you to fight summer allergies.