Fire Mishap in UAE, 5 Youths from Telangana Die & 5 Others Injured

October 27, 2016 08:50
Fire Mishap in UAE, 5 Youths from Telangana Die & 5 Others Injured

In a tragic incident, five youths died in a fire accident at Dhuam in Abu Dhabi (UAE). Five others were also injured. All these youths hailed from Telangana.

According to the officials, the incident occurred on October 19. The incident came to light when Telangana NRIs Welfare Association president, Mr. Rudra Shankar, visited the spot. He enquired about the incident and also interacted with the workers.

The youth who died were identified as Pitla Naresh(25) from Kamareddy, Malavath Prakash Naik(29), Akhilesh(22), Bairi Gangaraju(20) all hailed from Nirmal and Tota Rakesh(32) from Nizamabad.

The workers who were injured  were identified as Mattela Raju from Medak, Bajanna from Nizamabad, Sambaiah from Siricilla, Tirupathi and Ravinder from Nirmal. They said "the fire accident occurred after the workers had dinner and went to sleep. The workers were late in reacting to the fire as they were sleeping."

There were  32 rooms on two floors allotted to the workers’ for residing there. “The dead were from room numbers 17, 20 and 30. The fiber door of room number 17 caught fire when a tube light developed the short circuit. The fire spread in seconds as all the beds were made of foam. Many workers escaped but Naresh in room 17, Gangaraju in room 20 and the other three in room 30 died on the spot. We have minor injuries,” they said.

Mr. Rudra Shankar told the media that "the bodies would be brought to Telangana soon from the United Arab Emirates (UAE)."

ALSO READ: Fire Accident in Maker Tower Apartment in Mumbai, 2 Dead & 11 Rescued


If you enjoyed this Post, Sign up for Newsletter

(And get daily dose of political, entertainment news straight to your inbox)

Rate This Article
(0 votes)
Tagged Under :
Fire Accident  UAE  youths  death  injury  rooms  Short circuit  Telangana