In a fire accident kitchen near the Venkateswara Temple in Tirumala burned into ashes on Friday.
The incident occurred in the kitchen which prepares ‘boondi’. It is an ingredient that is used to make Tirupati ladoo. Two fire engines were rushed to the spot. The fire was later bought under control.
This accident caused panic among the pilgrims. The fire spread quickly due to the ghee cans in the kitchen..
TTD Officer Sambasiva Rao and Tirumala Joint Executive Officer K. Srinivasa Raju inspected the kitchen. They directed the engineering staff to take measures to prevent such occurrences in future.
Also Read: Encounter effect on Tirupathi
By M. Divya Shri