Here is the detailed recipe of Gujarati Bajra vada recipe.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Ingredients for Gujarati Bajra vada
1 cup bajra flour
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
2 tbsp curd
1 green chili + 2 garlic cloves + ½ inch ginger, crushed to a paste in a mortar-pestle
3 tsp white sesame seeds
½ tsp sugar or add as required
¼ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
½ tsp coriander powder/dhania powder
½ tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
¼ tsp red chili powder/lal mirch powder
1 tbsp oil
4.5 tbsp water or add as required
oil for deep frying
Also read: Paratha Samosa- Completes your breakfast
Gujarati Bajra vada cooking menthod
1. Take 1 cup Bajra flour in a bowl.
2. Add 2 tbsp whole wheat flour.
3. Add the paste of 1 green chili + 2 garlic cloves + ½ inch ginger and 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
4. Now add the spices ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ¼ tsp red chili powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, 3 tsp white sesame seeds, ½ tsp sugar and salt, in the above mix.
5. Then add 2 tbsp curd and mix everything well, using a spoon.
6. Now add 1 tbsp oil and mix the paste and later mix again adding the water.
7. Add 1 to 2 tbsp more of the water and knead the dough. do add more water if required. i added 4.5 tbsp water.
8. Make sure that the dough is not that soft or not that tight. If it is very soft, add more Bajra flour (if required). If the dough become hard or dry, then add 1 to 2 tbsp water or as required.
9. Now, cover and keep aside the Bajra dough for a few hours.
10. Now rub your palms with the water and make small and medium sized balls from the dough and shape each ball into a vada.
11. Heat oil for deep frying in a pan and gently slid the vada in the hot oil.
12. When one side is half done, turn over and fry the other side.
13. Fry them, till they turn into gold color and then remove them with a slotted spoon.
Your delicious Bajra Vadas are now ready. Serve to your loved ones and I bet they would leave you if they are supposed to go.
By Phani Ch