You might be aware of Paratha and Samosa. But have you ever heard of Paratha Samosa?
Sometimes, we feel like, why the most best things do not come jointly? So for such kind of people, who love both Paratha and Samosa can taste it as a single item by getting through Paratha Samosa recipe below, which can complete your breakfast.
1 cup of plain flour and maida
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter or ghee (can use oil, if you are on diet)
1/3 cup of water
Take three potatoes and boil them. Later peel it and cube into small pieces, so that it fills two cups completely.
1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon mango powder
1/4 cup of green peas
1/4 teaspoon garam masala
1-1/2 tablespoons of oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon finely chopped green chili
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup oil for cooking
1. Mix flour, salt, and oil, add the water as needed to make firm and smooth dough. Knead the dough on a lightly oil surface for about one minute. Cover the dough and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
1. Heat the oil with a moderate heat. Add cumin seeds, as they crack add green peas and green chili powder and stir-fry about a minute.
Then add the potatoes and stir-fry for about 4 minutes, adding mango powder, garam masala and cilantro. Add more pepper, salt or mango powder according to your taste and turn off the heat.
Preparation method of Paratha Samosa
1. Divide the dough in four equal parts and form them into balls. Roll the dough ball into about 7 circles.
2. Place 1/2 cup of filling in the center and spread it over leaving 1 dough circle.
3. Pull the edges of the dough in the center cover the filling. This will make about 4 thick pattie. Repeat the same procedure and fill all the balls likewise.
4. Now roll them in about 6 circle. Sprinkle the flour flour to make it roll, as per the requirement.
5. Put the pan under medium heat and add about 3 tablespoons of oil.
6. Now, place the rolled paratha on the pan. When you observe the paratha sides are changing its color, flip it over to the other side. You can observe the Paratha in the light brown color.
7. Press the paratha gently flip it for about 4 times or so, until it turns into brown color.
Your delicious Paratha Samosa is ready, enjoy it with Hari Cilantro chutney, which can literally make you go crazy for the combination.
By Phani Ch