Fed up of the regular Idli, Dosa? Wanna try something different to make your morning meaningful? Here is the recipe for 'Grilled Eggplant Panini', the breakfast, which travels in your mind all the day, if you have it in the morning.
The cooking time of the recipe is 30 minutes
2 Table spoon mayonnaise
2 Table spoon chopped fresh basil
2 Table spoon extra-virgin olive oil
8 1/2-inch eggplant slices
1/2 Tsp garlic salt.
8 slices of bread
8 thin slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup sliced jarred roasted bell peppers
4 thin sliced onions
Also read: Paratha Samosa- Completes your breakfast
- Put the grill on a medium heat
- Take a small bowl and mix up basil and mayonnaise in it.
- Brush up both sides of eggplant with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle each slice with garlic salt.
- Brush one side of each slice of bread, with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Grill the eggplant for about 5 minutes and flip it, top with cheese.
- Continue grilling until the cheese gets melted and the eggplant is tender, about 4 minutes more.
- Toast the bread for about 2 times, while on the grill.
- Assembling process of Grilled Eggplant Panini
- Take the four slices of bread and spread the basil mayonnaise on it.
- Arrange the cheesy eggplant, red peppers, onion and the remaining slices of bread on the top.
- Cut it half and serve your loved ones.
By Phani Ch