It is all over now, Telangana Rashtra Samithi which has been maintaining suspense over the merger proposal with the Congress party ruled it out and set to contest alone in the general elections. TRS Chief K Chandrasekhar Rao held politburo meeting with his party men to decide on the merge yesterday at the Telangana Bhavan. The meeting was held over five hours and about 85 leaders and partymen opinions were taken on the merge decision.
Well here are the reason KCR cited:
1. KCR said Congress did not consider their views in preparing the Telangana Bill. After the Congress Working Committee decision, KCR met top leaders of Congress for changes to be made in the bill. But all their views were sidelined.
2. Law and Order to Governor: KCR was serious upset with Congress over giving the responsibilities of Law and Order to Governor in Hyderabad. Not only TRS, AIMIM, BJP, TDP also opposed this proposal in Telangana Bill. BJP questioned this in the Rajya Sabha and Law minister Kapil Sibal explained only the possibilities of its implementations but did not justify it.
3. Ordinance on seven mandals: The Union cabinet on Sunday approved the Ordinance that merges seven mandal from the Khammam district into the Coastal Andhra region. With the local leaders and people agitated over this, KCR also fired the government. He said after the Telangana bill getting approved in the Parliament, bringing an Ordinance is illegal and TRS is thinking to approach the Supreme Court over this issue.
4. Andhra Pradesh Bhavan in Delhi is being shared by both the states. As it is the hereditary property of the Nizam, KCR has demanded AP bhavan to Telangana.
5. No National status to Pranahitha-Chevella project.
6. According to the Planning Commission, Except Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy districts, rest of the districts in Telangana are backward. KCR has demanded Special Status to the Telangana region and Congress even ignored this.
7. Allowing the TRS suspended leaders in Congress has irked the TRS chief the most. KCR said, we have suspended few leaders and Congress has invited them in their party. This is not fair.
8. Congress offering tickets to Telangana Joint Action Committee [TJAC] members in the upcoming elections.
9. Union minister Jairam Ramesh statements on TRS party if it is voted into power.
10. 500 MW of power to the Telangana region from NTPC. This proposal was not considered.
The above are the most important reasons cited by KCR and so his party has ruled out the proposal of merging with Congress. He accused that several leaders in the Delhi are miss-guiding the Congress president Sonia Gandhi. But KCR said, thank you can be offered in many ways. “If there are any chances for Congress to establish government in the Center, then we would definitely support them to form government,” added KCR.
The TRS Chief also stressed the need for regional party in the Telangana region. “Seemandhra has two regional parties whereas Telangana has only one and if we merge with Congress, the Telangana people will lose the opportunity to speak out. If we have good number of MPs representing Parliament and we can get all the benefits we want. Till Telangana was achieve TRS was ,” said KCR. He also asserted that TRS is completely a political party which will be party the re-construction of the state.
There has been hell lot of pressure on KCR from the Congress Telangana leaders to merge the party and on the other side many leaders in the party, Lawyers, Student unions and others have opposed the merge. After the denial of merge, the TRS partymen celebrated the moment.