Prime Minister Narendra Modi had decided November 26th as the Indian constitution day.
To spread the awareness of the constitution’s architect Ambedkar, at the inaugural ceremony of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar memorial in Mumbai, Modi had announced the Indian constitution day, to be celebrated on November 26th. So, accordingly, November 26th, 2015, is considered as the first Indian constitution day.
The Indian constitution was implemented by the Constituent Assembly on November 26th, 1949, and came into force on January 26th, 1950.
Dr. Ambedkar is considered as the father of the constitution. After the independence, the Congress government requested Ambedkar to serve as the first law minister of the republic of India.
Few facts about the Indian Constitution
- Indian constitution has brought the voting right to the women.
- Indian Constitution was not typeset or printed, but was handwritten and calligraphed in both English and Hindi.
- The Indian Constitution copies, are preserved in special helium-filled cases, in Indian Parliament’s library.
- Indian Constitution is the world’s longest written one and also the world’s best, for having 94 amendments.
Inspirations for Indian constitution
Indian Constitution was highly inspired from several foreign constitutions.
- Liberty, Equality and Fraternity concepts are adopted from the French constitution.
- The theory of five year plans was taken from the USSR Constitution.
- The Directive principles from Ireland and the laws on which the Supreme Court of India works was inspired from Japan.
What can be the real respect to Ambedkar and constitution?
The Indian government has decided to celebrate the occasion in all the government institutions, organizing events, to create an awareness about the constitution and Dr. Ambedkar.
But the thing to be self questioned is, do the constitution really has any value in India? It is an open fact that, majority people in the parliament have a criminal case and are awaiting the trails.
The delay in the court judgments has made the public, to forget about the courts long back. So, it is really the time to think upon about the issue and make few strict amendments. Otherwise, the value to the constitution would be a big troll in the coming days.
So, hope the leaders take the issue seriously and lead us to the prosperity. That would be the true celebration day of the constitution and a very true tribute to the legendary Ambedkar.
By Phani Ch