Tata Motors has launched an updated version of sports utility vehicle (SUV) Safari Storme, with prices starting at Rs 9.99 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). "The new Safari Storme is based on Tata Motors Horizonext strategy, having evolved for a more engaging and connected drive, boasting added masculinity, with increased power," Tata Motors Senior Vice President, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, Girish Wagh said. "As India's first SUV - Tata Safari has constantly evolved to cater to the varied requirements of the Indian car buyer, inspiring them to not only think big, but to also think adventure with their families. The new Safari Storme has a host of integrated connectivity features for a more complete vehicle experience, new design elements to the exteriors and the interiors, for added dynamism, boldness and aggression, along with a superior road presence," he added.
The new Tata Safari Storme facelift trims, consist of LX, EX, VX and VZ 4×4, prices of which are Rs. 9,99,000, Rs. 11,60,499, Rs. 13,02,000 and Rs. 14,34,999 ex-Showroom, New Delhi respectively. It is available in five colours viz. Arctic Silver, Urban Bronze, Pearl White, Astern Black and Arctic White.
Tata Safari Storme facelift is powered by an advanced 2.2L VARICOR engine, which puts out a power of 150 PS, which is up from 138 ps for the earlier Safari Storme and also claims a better low end torque which generates a torque of 320 nm and is mated to a 5-speed gearbox to provide a better and smoother drive. The Tata Safari Storme facelift has a fully integrated ConnectNext infotainment system which is powered by Harman. The infotainment system features an LCD screen, along with Bluetooth connectivity, iPod-in, USB-in and AUX-in and a CD and AM-FM player. It has six speakers and steering mounted controls.
Key Features are listed below
1. 2.2 L VARICOR Engine with renewed power of 148bhp, improved Low End Torque and a 5-speed gearbox
2. New Integrated Infotainment System by Harman
3. Java Black interiors with Silver Accents
4. New Tata Signature Multi-Function Steering Wheel
5. Ultrasonic reverse parking sensors
6. New upper and lower front grill
7. 4X4 with ESOF (Electronic Shift on-Fly), with a ground clearance of 200 mm
8. Dual air-conditioning, with built-in rear vents for all-round cooling
9. Airbags for the top end VX variants
10. ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) & EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution)
11. Projector headlamps with PES (Poly Ellipsoid System) Rings
As per the revised vehicle design it gets a new upper and lower front look grill in Charcoal Grey and Ocean Grey (variant-wise), along with a new diamond motif with 'Storme' in black on the silver cladding of the vehicle's hood. The SUV's roof rails are also revised. Like the exterior, the interior changes are also made minimal with Java Black Colour theme, highlighted with silver accents on the dashboard and door handles. The seats look slightly different with contrast stitching.