Tasty Cabbage Poriyal Recipe:- Cabbage Poriyal is a very traditional South Indian dry vegetable dish made from cabbage and grated coconut. Learn how to make Tasty Cabbage Poriyal recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 min; Cooking Time: 8 min; Servings:2-3
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai/ sarson)
- 1/2 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- 1 green chili, slit
- 2 whole dry kashmiri red chilies, broken into pieces
- 8 to 10 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
For The Garnish
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and urad dal and when the seeds crackle, add green chilies, dry red chilies, curry leaves, and turmeric powder and saute for few seconds.
2. Add cabbage, salt, ¼ cup of water and cook over a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes or till the cabbage is tender and stir occasionally.
3. Garnish with grated coconut and serve hot.
Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 and also a very good source of manganese, dietary fiber, potassium, vitamin B1, folate, and copper.