Tawa Pulao is one of the popular street foods of India. To make this rice is cooked and seasoned with pav bhaji masala powder and vegetables. It is an easy and simple pulao to make and tastes delicious. You can make this pulao for a lunch box or for your meal on a busy day without much effort Let’s follow this recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 min; Cooking Time: 15 min; Serving: 3-4
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili-garlic paste(Blend chili and garlic in a blender to a fine paste)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp pav bhaji masala
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice (chawal)
- 1/2 cup boiled green peas
For The Garnish
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Heat butter on a large tawa (griddle) and add the cumin seeds.
2. When the seeds crackle, add the chili-garlic paste, mix well and saute on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add onions, mix well and saute on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add capsicum, mix well and saute on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, mix well and again cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes and stir occasionally and Preferably use a masher to mash the vegetables lightly.
6. Add turmeric powder, salt, chili powder, pav bhaji masala and 1/4 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
7. Add the rice and green peas, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
8. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
South Indian Capsicum Rice Recipe