Exactly a year ago on September 9th 2014, iPhone 6 was unveiled and released on September 19th. Pre-orders have gone up to 4 million within 24 hours of its release and more than 10 million devices were sold within the three days of the release. Now after a year, it is succeeded by iPhone 6S and 6S plus.
On September 9th 2015, Apple has unveiled iPhone 6S and 6S plus in California with pre-orders opened from 12th onwards and the launch will follow on the 25th of September in US, the UK, China, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Puerto Rico and Singapore.
iPhone 6S and 6S plus like its predecessor are available in Silver, Gold and Space Gray with a new color introduced in the form of Rose Gold. The phones are available in 16 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB variants in both the models with some excellent features in comparison with the previous versions.
Features of iPhone 6S
- Phone’s display is same like before, comes in 4.7 in and 5.5 in with dimensions same in 6S plus but slightly different in 6S in comparison with their predecessors.
- Weight is slightly higher at 143 grams
- The phone comes with a straight iOS 9 version and an Apple A9 chipset
- Memory has been increased to 2GB RAM at last, while most of the competitors have upgraded last year itself.
- Front camera comes with 12 MP 4608 x 2592 pixels, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash with a range of features starting with Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama).
- Secondary camera was only 1.2 MP in the previous versions which is now upgraded to 5 MP
- 3D Touch Display - a new feature in touch space by Apple that helps to measure different levels of pressure in addition to taps, swipes, and pinches. It’s a sweet combination of technology talking between hardware and software well explained by Apple. 3D Touch is a key new feature in the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, with the potential to totally change the way we interact with our phones.
The iPhone 6s in 16/64/128GB is priced at $649/$749/$849 and the iPhone 6s Plus in 16/64/128GB priced at $749/$849/$949. With carrier contracts mostly abandoned by the carriers this year in the US (carrier contracts offer phones at lower prices by having the customers sign a 2 year contract with the carrier. For example, with a 2 year carrier contract the 6S would come at $199 for 16 GB), most of the customers are expected to take the new pieces on installment plans.
Looks the new 6S is all set to rule the mobile world with its stand out features in Camera with a 4K recording and upgrades on the pixels followed by the 3D Touch feature. The phone is already gaining lot of attention in the international market and the launch in India is expected to happen on October 27th and is expected to be priced anywhere between 55000 - 60000. Meanwhile, the diehard iPhone lovers are trying to get the unlocked phones as soon as they get released in other countries. News is that the phone is being negotiated at almost a lakh rupees in the grey market.