Royal Challengers Bangalore defeated Kolkata Knight Riders by 35 runs in the IPL match that was played at Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium in Delhi on Friday. RCB jumped to third position from fifth in IPL table. It has secured 15 points.
The target of 174 runs became a hard nut to crack for Kolkata Knight Riders who lost wicket after the wicket making the victory scope much grimmer. While pacer Vinay Kumar took three wickets for 32 runs that too in four overs, Muttaiah Muralutharan and Zaheer Khan took two wickets each while Harshal Patel and Appanna took one wicket each.
There’s something special about the match as it has got some statistical highlights. They include:
· Chris Gayle becomes Man of the Match twenty times in T20 matches
· With yesterday’s match, Chris Gayle became fourth man of the match in IPL 5
· Gayle records 113 sixes
· Chris Gayle scored half-century in 24 balls
· Royal Challengers Bangalore won all three matches against Pune Warriors in IPL
· Pune Warriors team becomes the first IPL team to lose seven consecutive games this season
· 138/9 by Pune Warriors becomes their lowest score against Royal Challengers Bangalore
· Vinay Kumar’s 3/32 becomes the best bowling figure
This is perhaps the first time in IPL that so many milestones were recorded. We should wait and see as to which match will have so many statistical highlights in the future.