Three persons including a woman and a 9-year old girl died and 10 others were hospitalized today after they had consumed food at a road side hotel at Mirzapuram in Krishna district.
Among those who were admitted into hospitals at Nuzvidu, Eluru and Vijayawada, the condition of a 2-year old girl and two others is said to be critical.
Reports said all the victims are daily wage labourers and they all wanted to eat something before proceeding to work. On they way to work, they had stopped to eat at the roadside hotel and had taken pooris.
Soon after consuming the Pooris, they had started vomiting and were rushed to various hospitals. Doctors said they have become victims of food poisoning. “A small girl is having continuous convulsions and we are trying to save her,” doctors said at the Vijayawada hospital.