When men talk candidly about women, they sound… well, they sound a little like us. romance may have laid a hefty claim on the male brain, but it doesn’t seem to be relevant when it comes to what he’s really looking for in a partner, which is just that – a partner. According to them, men want a counterpart they respect, a cohort who shares their interests and a confidant they can talk to. They want women to be happy with who they are and comfortable getting what they want. So listen up. Men just may be a little simpler (and more complex) than you thought. Are you a single woman who has kissed umpteen toads but not yet landed the Prince? Or are you just holding on to something that was never meant to be?,
If you want to know what makes a man fall for a woman and willing to walk her down the aisle, read on…
1. Love’s In The Air: Does your heart beat faster when you see him? Does his voice make you want to see him? While some may experience these, others may feel a sense of comfort and security when with him. This makes for a good foundation to take the relationship.
2. Take Care of Her: Yes, looks made the list. But no one cited“beauty” or“great legs” among his criteria. Instead, it seems that looking“put together” is essential. Men admitted that they want a woman to“put time into her appearance” and be generally neat and organized while avoiding the“high maintenance” category.
3. Wait For Sex: Don’t jump into bed on your first date. Sex can effectively ruin what could otherwise be a beautiful relationship. Both of you may end up having very little in common other than sex. So wait a while before you seal the deal.
4. Surprises: It’s actually not much of a surprise; spontaneity ranked high as a very desirable trait in a woman, though the quality earned varying definitions. For some it was the inclination to make spur-of-the-moment decisions or having a generally“adventuresome” personality. For others it was enough that a woman thought differently than they did and had the ability to surprise them with her outlook, her suggestions or her actions.
5. A Woman With Her Own Life:Ladies, please note that he doesn’t want someone clingy. If you are one person who has her own set of friends and can hang out by yourself, you are closer to hitting the jackpot.
6. Be His Buddy: Make him feel good in front of his friends and important people. Don’t laugh at him but with him.
7. Confuses Me: Don’t ever feel that you’re beholden to one version of yourself or that he’ll lose interest if you reveal your“dark” side. Men are strangely drawn to contradictions, and the polarities of your personality are what make you uniquely you. Let yourself be bookish and passionate, conservative but spontaneous, lighthearted and intellectual – those warring contradictions that can make you crazy can also make you mysterious and continually surprising.
8. Good Attracts Good: If he is well-mannered and gentlemanly, then you have scored a 100! As dating experts say,”Good manners are a sign of what kind of man he is.”Ensure that you have similar values and he’s dependable and truthful.
9. No-Nonsense: A man wants a woman he can respect. If he knows he can’t get away with anything, he’s likely not to go down that path. Also, don’t date a guy who is seeing other women, married or abusive– they are just not worth it.
10. Shares My Interests: If you can’t agree on what to do together, it gets complicated to be together. It is important to guys that their girls have common interests (or be open to them). Whether they’re into rock climbing or old movies, they’d much rather have you along. And even if it’s not your thing, simply being curious and open-minded about their work and hobbies can be enough to satisfy their need to be understood.