Apricot Ice Cream is one of the best homemade item, to beat out the heat in the Summer. Here is the recipe for it.
1 pound apricots
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 full eggs
1 ½ cups milk
½ cup sugar
10 coriander seeds, crushed coarsely and tied in cheesecloth.
Also read: Chocolate truffle dessert recipe
1. Wash and pit the apricots and chop them coarsely and later simmer in 3 tablespoons of water until tender. Puree in a food processor and set aside.
2. Take the eggs, yolks and sugar and beat them together, until the sugar gets dissolved and the mixture turns pale and lemon colored.
3. Adding vanilla and coriander seeds, heat the cream and milk. Just before the mixture is about to reach the boiling point, remove it from the heat.
4. Mix thoroughly pouring the mixture in a thin stream into the eggs. Later pour it into a double boiler and put over hot water on a medium flame. Cook until the custard gets thickened.
5. Remove from heat and cool, whisking occasionally. Also remove the coriander bag. Strain mixture into a bowl and add the apricot puree. Chill thoroughly, then place the mixture in an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's directions.
By Phani Ch