Healthy and Tasty Palak Chakli Recipe:- This Diwali, try some healthy snacks in your home. Here is the Palak Chakli recipe which is not only healthy, but also a tasty snack dish. It has a nice attractive color and also has a nice flavor. This will also be a good change from the usual savories made during festivals. You can also serve this snack with a cup of tea or coffee. Let’s follow this awesome and unique Chakli
Amazing health benefits of Hing and Besan (gram flour)
- Besan is a good source of fiber, iron, potassium, manganese, copper, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, folate, vitamin B-6 and thiamine.
- Besan has high soluble fiber content which is good for the heart.
- As it is has low glycemic index, it is a great food for diabetics.
- Asafoetida is used as a digestive aid and also reduces flatulence.
- It is also said to be helpful in cases of bronchitis and asthma.
Preparation Time: 15 min; Cooking Time: 25 min;
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped spinach (palak)
- 1 tsp roughly chopped green chilies
- 1 cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- 1/4 cup besan (gram flour)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tsp butter
- salt to taste
- oil for deep-frying
1. In a blender, add spinach, green chilies,and ¼ cup of water and blend to a smooth paste .
2. In a bowl, add the rice flour, besan, cumin seeds, asafoetida, butter and salt and mix it nicely.
3. Add the prepared spinach puree and knead into a soft dough by using enough water.
4. Press the dough into a Chakli maker and cover it with the lid and press out 50 mm. (2”) diameter round swirls of Chakli into an inverted flat thali and press the chaklis very gently with the back of a flat ladle.
5. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, deep fry a few chaklis at a time on a medium flame and fry till they turn golden brown in color and crisp from both the sides.
6. Drain on an absorbent paper and store in an airtight container and enjoy whenever you want to.
By Meghna Nath