Healthy Egg Dosa Recipe:- Dosa is one of the most popular South Indian recipes which is loved by all. this recipe is an innovative dosa recipe which made with egg and dosa batter, this dosa recipe is a twist from the traditional dosa. This dosa is Healthy and delicious. Try this innovative recipe.
- 2 cups raw rice
- 1/4 cup urad dal
- 2 tablespoon chana dal
- 1/2 tablespoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup oats
- Salt to taste
- Water required for grinding
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Green chilies as required
- Oil for drizzling
1. In a bowl add rice, urad dal, chana dal, fenugreek seeds and clean and wash them properly.
2. Soak them in water for about 5 to 6 hours and after 5 to 6 hours, drain the water for the rice mixture and grind this mixture by gradually adding portions of oats and a little water at intervals to form a smooth paste (Do not add too much of water at a time).
3. The batter should be smooth and thick like a paste and pour the batter into a bowl which has a capacity of at least double the quantity of the batter.
4. Beat the batter well and cover it with a lid or aluminum foil and keep it in a warm place for 10 to 12 hours.
5. After the batter ferments, the batter will be foamy and it will rise to double its original level.
6. Add salt, beat the batter well again and in a bowl, beat eggs along with onions, coriander leaves, green chilies, salt, and pepper, keep it aside.
7. Heat a non-stick dosa pan and take a ladle full of batter and pour it in the center of the pan and immediately, after pouring the batter, quickly start spreading the batter from the center in continues circular motion to form a thin dosa.
8. Drizzle few drops of oil on the top of the dosa at the center and at the edge.
9. Spread a small ladleful of beaten egg mixture evenly on the dosa and allow it to cook for a few minute unless the egg gets cooked nicely and drizzle some more oil on the top.
10. Once the bottom of the dosa gets cooked and turns brown in color, flip it over and cook for another few seconds.
11. Flip it back again, roll out and take it out off the pan.
12. Serve Egg Dosa with Coconut Chutney or any other chutney of your choice for a healthy breakfast or a light dinner.