(Image source from: TarlaDalal.Com)
Want to try tasty and easy vegetarian kebab? Then try this Makai (corn) Galouti Kebab which you can easily prepare at your home within few minutes. This kebab has a nice blast of various seasoning and also very healthy. This kebab is crispy from outside and soft from inside. Kebabs are absolutely delicious and perfect for any occasion.
Preparation Time: 10 min; Cooking Time: 17 min;
- 3/4 cup lightly crushed sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp ginger–green chili paste
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1/4 cup boiled , peeled and mashed potatoes
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 3/4 cup plain flour (maida) dissolved in 1/2 cup of water
- bread crumbs for rolling
- oil for deep-frying
1. Heat the ghee in a kadhai, ginger-green chili paste and fry on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
2. Add the onions and fry on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till they turn brown in color.
3. Add the sweet corn, paneer, and potatoes, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the salt, turmeric powder and garam masala, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add the coriander leaves and mix it well and keep it aside for 5 to 7 minutes to cool completely.
6. Then divide the mixture into equal portions and roll each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter flat round.
7. Dip the kebabs in the plain flour mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
8. Heat the oil in a deep pan or kadhai and deep-fry the kebabs till they are golden brown in color from all the sides.
9. Drain on an absorbent paper and serve it hot with green chutney.
Nutrient values per kebab
- Energy 147 cal
- Protein 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates 18.9 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Vitamin A 119 mg
- Vitamin B1-0.1 mg
- Vitamin B2-0.1 mg
- Vitamin B3 0.3 mg
- Vitamin C 4.2 mg
- Folic Acid 6.7 mg
- Calcium 73.6 mg
- Iron 0.6 mg
- Magnesium 0 mg
- Phosphorus 0 mg
- Sodium 3.9 mg
- Potassium 84 mg
- Zinc 0.3 mg
By Meghna Nath