Gujarati Style Masala Khakhra Recipe:- Masala Khakhra is a traditional Gujarati snack which is healthy and delicious. This khakhra is very easy to make with few ingredients. This Gujarati snack is crispy, crunchy, and tasty. Let’s follow this recipe.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 tsp besan ( Bengal gram flour)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 2 1/2 tbsp low- fat milk
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
1. In a bowl add wheat flour, besan, cumin seeds, chili powder, turmeric powder, hing, 2 1/2 tbsp of milk, oil, and salt and mix it well.
2. Knead into a soft dough and divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into a very thin round of 175 mm. (7") diameter by using a little whole wheat flour.
3. Heat a non-stick tawa (griddle) and cook each khakhra on a slow flame till pink spots appear on both the sides.
4. Continue cooking the khakhra on a slow flame, while pressing with a folded muslin cloth, till it turns crisp and brown in color from both the sides.
5. Cool and store in an air-tight container and enjoy it whenever you want to.
Nutrient values per khakhra
- Energy 63 k cal
- Protein 2.1 gm
- Carbohydrates 110.2 gm
- Fat 1.5 gm
- Vitamin A 34.9 mcg
- Iron 0.7 mg
- Folic Acid 5.9 mcg
- Fibre 0.4 gm
Check More Gujarati Recipes
By Meghna Nath