Schezwan Dosa Recipe:- Schezwan Dosa is a popular Indian street food combining the Indo- Chinese flavors and is loved by one and all. The best part of the recipe is the use of plenty of vegetables and sauce is used. This is definitely a fusion treat for spice lovers.
- 2 cup Dosa Batter
- 1/2 cup Schezwan Sauce( easily available in the market)
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Soya sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon oil for cooking the filling of dosa
- Salt to taste
- Oil or butter to roast dosa
For the Dosa Batter
- 2 cups normal rice
- 1/2 cup urad dal (Split Black Lentils)
- A pinch of soda bicarbonate
- Salt to taste
For Dosa Batter
1. Soak the rice and dal separately for overnight.
2. Next morning grind them individually to make a smooth paste and then combine both the batters in a bowl and add little amount of water at the time of grinding.
3. Add salt as per the taste, also add soda and mix it well and keep it aside.
How to Proceed
4. Take about 2 cups of dosa batter, and mix it well and make it lump free and keep it aside.
5. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a pan/kadhai and add 1/2 teaspoon chopped ginger and 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic and saute for a few second and then quickly add 1 cup shredded cabbage, 1/2 cup shredded carrot, 2 fine chopped green chilies, 1 small sliced onion, and 1 sliced capsicum.
For the veggies
6. Toss the vegetables with some salt on medium high flame, just like we do for making other Indo-Chinese Recipes.
7. Add 1/4 teaspoon soya sauce and 2 tablespoons of schezwan sauce and mix it well and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame and see that the crunchiness of vegetables should be maintained and hence do not over cook the vegetables and keep it aside.
How to Proceed
8. Now turn off the flame and heat a griddle or tawa for making dosa.
9. Clean the tawa with water and damp it with a clean kitchen napkin.
10. Pour about one ladle (Big Spoon) of dosa batter in the middle of tawa and spread in a circular motion to form a thin sized dosa.
11. Cook it over high heat for a couple of minutes and drizzle few drops of oil on all over the edges and keep cooking.
12. Now when dosa is almost ready, slow down the flame and sprinkle about 1/4 teaspoon of oil or butter over it, spread 1 teaspoon of schezwan sauce in the center.
13. Spread about 1 tablespoon of prepared Schezwan Veggie mixture on it and let it roast for one more minute, till it turns golden brown and crispy and do not over roast it, as it will be difficult to fold then.
14. Remove it from the tawa and cut into desired pieces.
15. Serve it either as it is or you can serve this dosa with coconut chutney
- You can add boiled noodles in schezwan stuffing.
- Spring onions can be also added to the stuffing and it gives more flavor to the dosa.
- If you want your dosa to be super spicy, then you can add a tsp of Red Chili Sauce while making the veg schezwan filling.