Thousands Fall Sick After A Poisonous Gas Leak In Vizag:- Thousands of people reportedly fell sick due to breathing issues after major gas leakage in a chemical plant in Vizag. The incident took place in LG Polymers and the gas leak started at 3 AM from the plant in RR Venkatapuram that is located near to Naiduthota region. Several people were left suffocated and were left with a burning sensation in the eyes and rashes on the bodies. The whole air was filled with gas and the people across five villages are currently evacuated. NDRF and SDRF are evacuating the people from the region. The exact reason for the gas leakage is yet to be identified.
LG Polymers was established in 1961 as Hindustan Polymers for manufacturing polystyrene and its copolymers. Several people are left in an unconscious situation in their houses as the incident took place during the early hours of today. Several people are said to be feared dead because of the gas lack. There are talks that there are 1500-2000 people in the plant when the accident took place. The accident took place due to styrene gas which can paralyze the muscles and leaves the person breathless. AP Chief Minister YS Jaganmohan Reddy will leave to Vizag to meet the victims. The number of deaths are yet to be known.