TripAdvisor Announces Top Landmarks With Travelers’ Choice AwardsMay 26, 2017 20:17
TripAdvisor Announces Top Landmarks With Travelers’ Choice Awards:- The travel planning and booking site, TripAdvisor, announced today the winners of its “Travelers choice” awards for landmarks.
The award winners were determined using an algorithm, that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews and ratings for tourism landmarks worldwide, gathered over a 12-month period. The awards honor 706 landmarks in 82 countries.
TripAdvisor India Country Manager, Nikhil Ganju, said “Many incredible landmarks are there in India, and visiting them is a fantastic way to get acquainted with the country’s rich history. With summer being the peak travel season owing to the summer vacations, the TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Landmarks list will help Indian travelers narrow down the attractions to visit during their trip whether in India or abroad.”
Top 10 Landmarks In India:
1. Taj Mahal, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
2. Amber Fort, Jaipur, Rajasthan
3. Swaminarayan Akshardham, New Delhi
4. Bandra-Worli Sea Link, Mumbai, Maharashtra
5. QutabMinar, New Delhi, National Capital Region of India
6. Agra Fort, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
7. Harmandir Sahib (Golden Temple), Amritsar, Punjab
8. Humayun’s Tomb, New Delhi
9. Gateway of India, Mumbai
10. Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Top 10 Landmarks In Asia:
1. Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Cambodia
2. Taj Mahal, Agra, India
3. Great Wall at Mutianyu, Beijing, China
4. Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho), Bangkok, Thailand
5. Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine, Kyoto, Japan
6. Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
7. Shwedagon Pagoda, Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
8. Cu Chi Tunnels, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
9. The Grand Palace, Bangkok, Thailand
10. Kinkakuji Temple, Kyoto, Japan
Top 10 Landmarks In The World:
1. Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Cambodia
2. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Centre, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3. Mezquita Cathedral de Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain
4. St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican City, Italy
5. Taj Mahal, Agra, India
6. Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, St Petersburg, Russia
7. Great Wall at Mutianyu, Beijing, China
8. Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu, Peru
9. Plaza de Espana, Seville, Spain
10. Duomo di Milano, Milan, Italy
Here is more to know about the top five landmarks in India.
Taj Mahal, Agra, Uttar Pradesh: Popular as the epitome of love, Taj Mahal is undisputedly one of the most iconic wonders in the world. Year after year it attracts an increasing number of tourists from all across the globe.
Amber Fort, Jaipur, Rajasthan: One of the top tourist attractions in Jaipur, Amber Fort is a blend of Mughal and Rajput architecture. The Sheesh Mahal, a state room in the fort also known as the mirror palace is world famous for thousands of mirror tiles which are said to be lit using a single candle. This is one of the best forts of the world according to its design Vastu and safety and security features as well as internal and external beauty.
Swaminarayan Akshardham, New Delhi, NCR: Swaminarayan Akshardham, spread across a 100 acres in Delhi, the place is a visual delight and fills one with spirituality and culture. Built on the banks of River Yamuna, the temple showcases architectural styles from all over India.
Bandra-Worli Sea Link, Mumbai: The BandraWorli Sea Link (officially known as the Rajiv Gandhi Sea link) connects Bandra, located in the western suburbs of Mumbai to Worli in South Mumbai. This 5.6km structure across the Arabian Sea is an architectural marvel and considered to be one of the biggest cable-stayed bridges in the world. Great view and driving experience. Is a pleasure for driving enthusiasts.
Qutab Minar, New Delhi, NCR: Considered an epitome of victory, Qutab Minar is an architectural delight and a must visit monument in Delhi. Its 5 storied 73 meter tall tower is built with red marble.