Police says no CCTV Footage in Hotel dispute case
On Thursday February 23 the investigators who kept hopes on a CCTV footage at Taj hotel to find out for a proof in their investigation against Saif Ali Khan who had assaulted an NRI businessman, were left dismay with Mumbai police as they said that there is no video cameras fixed in that area where the dispute had happened.
On Tuesday night at a Taj hotel Bollywood star Saif Ali Khan attacked an NRI businessman Iqbal Sharma, so with that incident Sharma had complained to the police and for that Saif has been booked for assaulting Sharma.At the same time Saif said the dispute which took place on Tuesday night is not a “publicity stunt” and for that he felt sorry for what had exactly happened.
“Though Saif and his lawyer have been claiming the complainant Iqbal Sharma made provocative statements or rather used abusive language against women with the actor and this led to the ruckus, there were no CCTVs installed at the place where the actor had allegedly punched the complaint on the nose,” said an investigating officer at Colaba police station.
“We could have made a strong case if we would have had the footage showing Saif hitting the complainant,” the officer added.
Khan was last night arrested and released by police on bail after being charged with assaulting the Indian origin South African national Sharma, who protested the raucous chatter of the actor and his friends at ‘Wasabi’ restaurant.
So far, statements of eight persons have been recorded in which except Sharma and his family members, nobody else had come forward to say that the actor had bashed up the victim, police sources said.
“I was hit first. And as shocking as it may seem, the elderly gentleman hit me. I’m not sure what provoked him. I was only defending myself.
On February 22 night Said said, I don’t think any gentleman would have behaved any differently than what I did. I am confident that justice will be done. I think police have the CCTV footage from the restaurant and that will prove everything.
Saif also filed a counter-complaint with the police.
Speaking to reporters at an event in suburban Bandra, Saif said the incident was not a publicity stunt for his forthcoming film ‘Agent Vinod’.
Saif said that "As this is not a publicity stunt which is made for the film.And i hope that very soon this matter will get settle.
Add Your Comments
Please ensure that you don't use abusive words in your comments. While you have a right to express your views, you have absolutely no right to abuse persons or events. Express your criticism in a gentle way.
Featured Movie News
Intinta Annamayya movie made by Yelamanchili Saibabu is preparing for release on…
Nagababu kept a responsibility on the successful film director Puri Jagannadh's shoulders. …
Raveena Tandon who is bollywood role player making a comeback to the…
Lakshmi Rai will be seen in guest role in Ravi Teja's Balupu.…
There is gossip that Rajamouli, the very acclaimed director is going to…
Court exempted Salman Khan appearance who is under trail for his involvement…