Hotel dispute: Saif Ali Khan gets bail, says CCTV footage will confirm he was hit

February 23, 2012 00:18
Hotel dispute: Saif Ali Khan gets bail, says CCTV footage will confirm he was hit

As known to every one that on Tuesday night at a luxury hotel Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan and along with his friends assaulted an NRI businessman named as Iqbal Sharma.So on behalf of this the actor got arrested by the police and later he has been released on the bail.

Saif and along with his friends were booked under sections 325 and 34 of IPC for attacking an NRI Iqbal Sharma at the Taj Hotel.

In spite of that Saif Ali Khan said subsequently being released on bail that he was attacked and he was just protecting himself.

Saif Ali Khan said on Tuesday night it was an awful scene where all my friends were physically hurted and i was attacked and then i protetced 

"I have been to the police station to answer the requirements of law as I am a law abiding citizen," he added.

"I have also filed a complaint about what happened last night and I am confident justice will be done."

"I have seen the interviews given on TV and they look like decent people and I cannot believe that the same people were so aggressive the night before and the lies that they are saying about me with such straight faces," said the actor defending hinmself.

He said: "I think they have the CCTV  footage in the restaurant that will prove everything. I hope the media is able to remain impartial while the matter is being decided. I don’t think any gentleman would have behaved differently."

Khan, Shakeel Ladak and Bilal Amrohi were brought to the Colaba police station around 8 pm in a police vehicle and whisked inside through the rear entrance amid a large media and public presence.

All the three were enlarged on bail after the completion of the formalities that took about an hour, police said.

According to sources, Khan had left his lawyer's office at Gamdevi in his own car but boarded the police vehicle near Nariman Point where he and others were arrested before being brought to the police station.

Since the actor was booked under lighter, bailable sections of the penal law, he was granted bail by the police instead of having to approach a court.

There was huge security bandobust at the police station which was out of bounds for the media.

The brawl broke out a little past midnight when Sharma, seated along with his family at a table adjacent to that occupied by Khan, his companion actress Kareena Kapoor and others, complained to the hotel management about their noisy chatter.

According to the complaint, the actor accosted Sharma near the staircase at the entrance of the restaurant and after some heated arguments, punched him on the nose, causing a fracture.

If convicted, Saif and others could be punished with imprisonment upto seven years besides fine. Sharma, who is the former Director General and CEO of trade, industry and investment of South Africa, alleged that even his 68-year-old father-in-law who tried to intervene wasnot spared by Khan and his three friends who rained blows on them.

Sharma, currently Chairman and CEO of ISSAR Company, later went to GT Hospital for a medical examination and reported the matter to the police at around 2.30 this morning following which the complaint was registered against the actor.

Khan was present at the restaurant with girlfriend actress Kareena Kapoor, her sister Karishma, actor Arbaaz Khan's wife and item girl Malaika Arora Khan, her sister Amrita Arora and some other male friends, while Sharma's wife and father-in-law accompanied him. Shakeel Ladak is the husband of Amrita.

Sharma said security personnel at the iconic hotel were nowhere to be seen when the incident took place.

"Our audacity to complain to the management asking them to keep their voice down perturbed him," Sharma said, adding he would pursue the case to the "full extent of law" and that it was "too late for a compromise to be reached".

Sharma said that Saif and his friends acted in an uncultured way in a public space, adding that he is looking forward to follow the case to the full extent of the law.Infact the criminal procedures will take its time and then we will consult our lawyer and look at the civil manner, but definelty we will follow the case to the full extent of law.

If you enjoyed this Post, Sign up for Newsletter

(And get daily dose of political, entertainment news straight to your inbox)

Rate This Article
(0 votes)