What becomes costlier and what becomes cheaper is what common man needs to know, this is the most important issue for us to maintain our household budgets.
The Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee presents the Annual Budget 2012 on Friday and the common man’s day to day survival needs to know what goes cheaper and what costlier. Beyond this, one fails to think, unless you are in the higher income bracket. Taking those queries into consideration a detailed list is provided for reader enrichment.
1. CFL bulbs, Match boxes, Soya products, Salt will cost cheaper.
2. Cigarettes and cosmetics a little more.
3. Processed foods will be cheaper with the reduction in excise on these products.
4. Petroleum products shall cost more.
5. Fertilizers to cost cheaper as the import on raw materials are slashed.
6. LED, LCD TV’s to cost less with the panels being exempted from Customs duty.
7. Service tax increased from 10-12 percent. This means that the services which fall under this category will be more now.
8. Luxury cars to cost more.
9. No capital gains tax from sale of Property if money is invested in SME. So good time to start a venture.
10. Mobile phones and specific life saving drugs to cost cheaper.
11. Refrigerators and hotel accommodations, bi cycle’s spares shall cost more.
On the whole the budget has dampened the spirits of the entire public in general, with not much to reckon. The Finance Minister has surely done a stringent exercise with not much takers around. (With inputs from internet- AarKay)