( Page 1 of 3986 )

List View Grid View Latest Articles from

India Conducts Surgical Strike Across the LoC, 8 Terrorist Killed September 29, 2016 12:56

DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh held a press conference in which he announced that India conducted surgical strikes across the LoC. The press conference was jointly conducted by the Ministry of External Affairs and the Ministry of Defence.“India conducted surgical strikes last night across the LoC to safeguard our nation. Significant casualties have been caused by terrorists and those trying to shield them. We don’t have a plan to further conduct such strikes. India has spoken to Pakistan,” DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh said.“There were launch pads across the LoC where terrorists were present waiting to infiltrate the nation and attack areas in Kashmir and metros across the country,” the DGMO said.“We have recovered items including GPS which have Pakistani markings. Captured terrorists hailing from PoK or Pakistan have confessed to their training in Pakistan or in a Pakistan-controlled region,” Singh said.PM Modi  informed President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice President, and former Prime Minister Manhmohan Singh before conducting surgical strikes. Sources have told TIMES NOW that 8 surgical strikes were carried out by Indian Army, massive terrorist casualties reported.Pakistan, in a statement issued, has said: "At least two Army men were killed as Indian and Pakistani troops exchanged fire over the Line of Control in “Azad Jammu and Kashmir”. The exchange of fire began at 2:30am, ISPR said, and continued till 8:00am. Pakistani troops befittingly responded to Indian unprovoked firing on the LoC in Bhimber, Hotspring Kel, and Lipa sectors."India had also summoned Pakistan high commissioner Abdul Basit and handed over evidence that proved the terrorists that attacked an army base in Uri and left 19 jawans dead, did come in from across the Line of Control.BY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

PM Modi Hold Meeting with All Top Ministers September 29, 2016 12:31

Prime Minister Narendra Modi this morning called an urgent meeting of the country's top ministers. The meeting was held to review security after Pakistan violated the ceasefire along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir, days after an army camp in Uri was attacked, leaving 18 soldiers dead.The Cabinet Committee on Security which includes the Defence, Home and Foreign Ministers is to be followed by a briefing that includes representatives of the Defense Ministry.  Sources said "a significant announcement related to the Line of Control is likely, possibly explaining India's response to cross-border firing by Pakistani troops. PM Modi postponed another meeting to next week that was to look at possibly downgrading Pakistan's status as a trading partner."Today's security meeting was attended also by National Security Adviser Ajit Doval. The Defence Ministry's inclusion in the press briefing that is expected soon is both unusual and significant as so far, the government has indicated that its campaign against Pakistan will largely be centred around diplomatically isolating it.  In line with that strategy, the Prime Minister said he will not travel in November to Pakistan to attend the regional SAARC summit.  Three other countries of the 8-member SAARC have joined India's boycott. Also Read: Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Boycott SAARC SummitBY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus Pre-Order to Start Today September 29, 2016 12:19

iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be available to pre-order from Apple's new e-commerce partner, Flipkart, starting Thursday midnight. Apple has already revealed the prices in India for the entire iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus lineup.The iPhone 7 will start at Rs. 60,000 for the 32GB variant. The iPhone 7 Plus will start at Rs. 72,000 for the same storage capacity. The 128GB and 256GB variants of the iPhone 7 will be priced at Rs. 70,000 and Rs. 80,000 respectively, while the iPhone 7 Plus will priced at Rs. 82,000 and Rs. 92,000 for the corresponding storage capacities. As announced previously, the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will go on sale in the country from October 7.To recall, Apple partnered with Flipkart earlier this month to expand the online availability of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus smartphones in India. Until recently, Apple had Infibeam as its only authorised online reseller. Apple's tie-up with Flipkart means the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus will be available at the official launch price at the online retailer. The biggest advantage for Flipkart with the partnership will be that it can source the new iPhone models from Apple directly, instead of Apple partners. Those units still carried Apple warranty, so for end users this is unlikely to be a big change.The new iPhone 7 series sports a refreshed design and the rear antenna bands have been redesigned to make them less prominent than before. Both the phones feature a brand new home button that uses Taptic vibrations to simulate a physical tap. The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus also come with IP67 water and dust resistance. Also Read: 29% hike on Apple iPhonesBY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

Makkah Mukarrama Police Arrest Hyderabadi Pilgrim September 29, 2016 11:49

The Makkah Mukarrama Police arrested a Hyderabadi pilgrim on Thursday. According to reports Hyderabadi pilgrim had picked up money from the ground belonging to another pilgrim by mistake during Tawaaf (circumambulation). Police immediately took him into custody. It is said that the person didn’t reach his building for four days on which respective Khadim ul Hujjaj and other pilgrims of the buildings were started worrying about him. They thought that the pilgrim is missing as his cell phone was also found to be switched off. Facts came to fore after 4 days and it was confirmed that he was in police custody.Special Officer Telangana Hajj Committee Prof. S A Shukoor immediately contacted Indian Hajj Mission and Indian Consulate and appealed to take measures for the said pilgrim’s release. It must be noted that picking up anything in Mutaaf is a criminal offence.Meanwhile a pilgrim belonging to Hyderabad suffered hearth attack. Although Saudi doctors suggested surgery but the person has decided to undergo surgery after reaching Hyderabad. Also Read: Hajj Stampede: Not, 200, over 700 killed at MinaBY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

Shraddha Kapoor & Arjun Kapoor Recreate 'DDLJ' Iconic Scene September 29, 2016 10:51

Everyone loves Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. The  movie was a blockbuster film starring Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol. It was released two decades ago and was also the directorial debut of YRF scion Aditya Chopra. Breaking all kinds of records when it was released, including being the longest running film ever, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge still holds a special place in everyone’s hearts. And when you ask people their fave scene from the film, many might say that last scene where Kajol runs to catch Shah Rukh Khan’s hand while he is on a moving train as their fave (never mind the theories that he should have pulled the chain and made the train stop). A few films that came later have tried to recreate that scene, including Shah Rukh Khan’s own Chennai Express. Now Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor will also recreate the same scene for their upcoming film 'Half Girlfriend', but with a twist. It will be the boy i.e. Arjun Kapoor who will be running with the train, while Shraddha Kapoor is on it. However, she is not extending her hand towards him.Arjun Kapoor had posted the still on his Twitter timeline with the caption, “Our very own DDLJ moment !!! @ShraddhaKapoor @mohit11481 @chetan_bhagat #halfgirlfriend #shootlife #mumbailocal”BY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

First Look of John Abraham's 'Force 2' is Out ! September 29, 2016 10:42

John Abraham is even tougher and more intense in his sequel of 2011 hit, Force. Sonakshi Sinha will also be seen showcasing her new-found talent of kicking some butt in the film.This year has been quite ‘serious’ for John Abraham as the actor has done series of action-packed films where he portrayed characters who were always stern and never smiled. Whether it was the special appearance in Wazir or his recent release Dishoom, the actor has mostly shared the screen space with guns but not heroines. And now, the action hero is back again with the sequel of 2011 hit, Force. While the sequel retains John as the lead, this time it is Sonakshi Sinha who will be showcasing her new-found talent of kicking some butt in the film.John took to his official Instagram account to release the first look of his upcoming Force 2 and he promised that this time, his character of ACP Yashwardhan is even tougher and more intense. He shared the poster and wrote alongside, “He’s Tough. He’s Intense & he’s back in action with Twice the Force! Presenting ACP Yashwardhan for @Force2thefilm.”The poster shows the ‘Dishoom’ star in a very rugged look with infuriated eyes. Written on the poster are ‘The R.A.W Truth’ and ‘A dead soldier is a martyr…a dead spy is a traitor,’ which hints to something very exciting and electrifying coming up. Though the film is a sequel to the original version, starring Genelia Deshmukh, it has not been confirmed if the story will continue from where it left five years ago or if it will be a new beginning for John’s character named ACP Yashvardhan. Also Read: Actor Fawad Khan Leaves India For Personal ReasonsBY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

First Look of Dhanush's 'Kodi' Motion Poster Released September 29, 2016 10:29

Tamil star Dhanush shared the motion poster of his upcoming film 'Kodi' late Wednesday and it is already taking the internet by storm.It hasn’t even been 24 hours since it was released and the 50-second video has already garnered 1.8 lakh views on YouTube.Directed by RS Durai Senthilkumar, Kodi features Dhanush in the lead titular role, while Trisha Krishnan and Anupama Parameswaran star in main roles. If the motion poster is any indication, music composer Santhosh Narayanan has done an interesting job and given some high-octane, super-energetic scores for the film.Dhanush plays a double role in the political thriller that is slated for a Diwali release. As per sources, Trisha will be playing a character with negative shades for the first time in her career.Meanwhile, Dhanush is riding high on the success of his production, Tamil drama Visaranai. Visaranai is also India’s entry for Oscars 2017 in the Foreign Language Film category. He recently expressed his joy in a statement. “Good evening everybody. This is just turning out to be a glorious day. After the super positive initial reports for Thodari now Visaranai has been selected as the official entry to Oscars from India. Proud moment for Wunderbar Films and Vetrimaaran. Dream big,” he said. The film is based on the novel Lock Up by auto-rickshaw driver-turned-writer M. Chandrakumar.VIDEO:   Also Read: Chiranjeevi as Meelo Evaru KoteeswaruduBY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

Heavy Rainfall for Next 3 Days in Andhra Pradesh September 29, 2016 10:20

As Andhra Pradesh was recovering from heavy rains that lashed various areas of the state, the IMD predicted that more rainfall is going to occur for the next three days.The Deccan Chronicle reported:The prevailing low pressure over Vidarbha and adjoining south Chhattisgarh has weakened into an upper air cyclonic circulation and  is now located over Chhattisgarh and Odisha. Meanwhile, a trough of low pressure is lying over the southeast and adjoining  the east-central Bay of Bengal. Heavy rain warning still exists for north coastal AP.Last week, the railways canceled several trains for three days due to the damage to tracks in Andhra Pradesh's Guntur district following heavy rains. Chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu conducted an aerial survey of flood-hit parts of the state and said "Our first priority should be to save lives and then minimize damages. It is the time everyone should shed lethargy and work with commitment."The road to the state's capital of Amaravati and also its temporary capital at Velagapudi has washed away.Even Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu  conducted an aerial survey of the state. He requested the Central government to extend assistance to Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.The Hindu reported:Naidu called on Union Ministers Rajnath Singh, Arun Jaitley and Radha Mohan Singh (Agriculture) at New Delhi on Wednesday and briefed them about the rain-related havoc that resulted in heavy losses to the two States.After the meeting, he said he "had conducted an aerial survey of some parts of the flood-hit States on Tuesday and wanted the Ministries concerned to liberally assist the Telugu States in overcoming the losses, especially those related to damages to standing crop."He added "the Ministers had assured to depute central teams to the flood-hit areas of the two States as soon as reports were received from the respective governments. A high power committee headed by Mr. Rajnath Singh would take a view on the quantum of assistance to be extended to the Telugu States once the central teams submitted their reports on the extent of losses. In the meantime, the governments of the two States could utilize the funds allocated under the disaster relief while the Centre would also ensure release from the National Disaster Relief Fund for taking up relief works." Also Read: Relentless rains prove fatal for 5BY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

'Gau Rakshaks Should be Banned': Asaduddin Owaisi September 29, 2016 09:06

The Hyderabad parliamentarian held a meeting at the party headquarters in Darussalaam. During the meet, they responded to questions posed by media persons on the Centre's decision to introduce progress panchayats (PP), an outreach program targeted at the minorities. Asaduddin Owaisi, Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) president on Wednesday said that "a complete ban on gau rakshaks would show that the Modi government is "genuinely" concerned about the empowerment of the minorities." "Let the Modi government ban 'gau rakshaks' to prove that it is genuinely concerned about the minorities," the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) leader said. The Lok Sabha member from Hyderabad told the media that "constructive steps will help achieve the community's empowerment and not mere holding of panchayats. The first panchayat is proposed to be held in Haryana." He said "the Centre is launching such panchayats from a state where two Muslim females, including a minor, were raped and two Muslim youths murdered on beef consumption accusation. The Muslims in Haryana are being harassed in the name of checking their biryani. Let them raid five-star hotels in Gurgaon and check the biryani there." Owaisi said "Prime Minister Narendra Modi should also prove his sincerity by stopping statements emanating from Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and Bharatiya Janata Party leaders that hurt the sentiments of the minorities. Empowerment of the Muslims was the constitutional duty of the Modi government and it was not doing a favor to the community." The AIMIM leader also demanded five per cent quota to the Muslims in Maharashtra as per the Mumbai High Court order. "You are giving job quota to the Jats in Haryana, to the economically backward classes in Rajasthan and to the Patels in Gujarat. Who is stopping you from extending reservation to the Muslims in Maharashtra," he asked. Owaisi said, "the government should hold panchayats in Jammu and Kashmir, as there was an urgent need to reach out to the Kashmiris and talk to them since around 90 persons have been killed and peace remains shattered for nearly three months." "You talk of empowerment but why are you against the minority character of the Aligarh Muslim University and the Jamia Millia," the MP asked. Owaisi said that "the Modi government is doing minorities no favor by empowering them as it is a 'Constitutional duty'." The High Court told "the Maharashtra government to give five per cent reservations to Muslims. You (BJP government) don't do that." ALSO READ: Owaisi to take Legal Action Against Yateen Oza BY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

Blast in Firecrackers Manufacturing Unit, 2 Injured September 29, 2016 08:55

In a tragic incident, two persons were injured when a blast took place in firecrackers manufacturing unit in Aarugollana village of Bapulapadu Mandal in Krishna district. According to the police, "the blast occurred on Monday, it came to light only after the injured persons -- K Srinivasa Rao and Nagesh registered a complaint at Hanuman Junction police station on Wednesday. The unit was being run illegally." The duo said "the hospital had declined to treat them when they went to seek treatment. They later lodged a complaint against the unit owners -- Labba Satyanaryana and Labba Kannayya -- who have been arrested." Police said, "while Nagesh is out of danger, Srinivasa Rao suffered grievous injuries." Rao and Nagesh said that "Satyanarayana has been manufacturing bombs in his house in the village for the last several weeks with their help. He was procuring raw material from Sivakasi and the blast occurred around 10 pm." A police official said that "four persons were working in the unit at the time of the blast. The explosion led to minor cracks in the neighbor's house. Police said Satyanarayana engaged minors in his unit. We will probe the matter further and take action sternly. Since Deepavali is just a month away, smallscale firecrackers manufacturing units are operating illegally in the district without obtaining approvals from police and explosives department. "Severe action will be initiated on the lawbreakers. Manufacturing firecrackers in residential areas is a crime," said Hanuman Junction SI Tulasidhar. A case was booked under sections 286 of IPC and 9/B of Explosive Substance Act 1908. ALSO READ: Gas Cylinder Blast 1 dead and 4 injured BY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More