( Page 2 of 4083 )

List View Grid View Latest Articles from

Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Launched in India January 18, 2017 17:20

Samsung has launched the Galaxy C9 Pro smartphone in India. This is the first time ever Samsung has launched a smartphone with 6GB RAM. Let's look at the features: - 6-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display - Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 SoC - 6GB RAM - 64GB expandable storage - 16MP front camera - 16MP rear camera - f/1.9 aperture lens - Android 6.0 Marshmallow - 4000mAh battery - USB-C port - dual-SIM - fingerprint sensor - NFC - WiFi Direct It has software features like S Secure, S Power Planning and Ultra Data Saving mode. The Galaxy C9 Pro is priced at Rs 36,900. It will be available in Gold and Black colour options. The smartphone is available for pre-booking from only selected retail stores and online channels, with one-time screen replacement warranty for a period of 12 months. '123456' is the Most Common Password in 2016: Report BY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

Pawan Kalyan Wants to Become Brand Ambassador for AP & TS Handlooms January 18, 2017 17:10

Janasena Chief and Tollywood actor Power Star Pawan Kalyan has come forward to become the brand ambassador for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana handlooms. He took this decision as he was moved by the difficulty of the weavers.  A group of representatives from Telangana and Andhra Pradesh met Pawan Kalyan at Jana Sena Party office in Hyderabad. They invited him to attend the Satyagraha conducted by the weavers’ which is going to be held at Mangalagiri in Guntur next month.  They also told that more than 45 textile workers have committed suicide in last two years in Telangana alone. Pawan agreed to attend the event. Describing weaving of cloth as a native skill, Pawan agreed to be their brand ambassador. He also assured to promote handloom industry and do whatever he can to the help of weavers. On the work front, Pawan is busy shooting for ‘Katamarayudu’ which is beingdirected by Kishore Kumar Pardasany. The movie starrs Shruti Hassan as the female lead. Salman Khan Acquitted in Arms Act Case by Jodhpur Court BY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

Salman Khan Acquitted in Arms Act Case by Jodhpur Court January 18, 2017 12:48

The Jodhpur court, Rajasthan, on Wednesday found Salman Khan not guilty in the case under Arms Act. The actor had appeared in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate. ''Salman Khan acquitted in the Arms Act case after the prosecution failed to provide conclusive evidence,'' Salman Khan's lawyer told ANI. "We'll decide on the further action once we receive the copy of the order," Vishnoi Samaj's lawyer told ANI. This is one of the four cases against the actor. The Rajasthan High Court had earlier acquitted him in two cases of poaching of chinkara. Khan and his sister Alveera arrived in Jodhpur on Tuesday evening. The Arms Act was filed against Khan for allegedly holding and using the fire arms which had expired licence in the poaching of blackbucks in Kankani near Jodhpur on October 1 and 2, 1998. Arguments were heard from both the sides on January 9, after which magistrate Dalpat Singh Rajpurohit moved the judgement for January 18 and also directing the actor to be present in the court. Before this, Salman Khan appeared on March 10 last year in the court for a recording his statements, wherein he said he was not guilty. He added that he was being framed in the case by the forest department. The defence also asked questions on the prosecution permission arguing that it was given by the then district magistrate Rajat Kumar Mishra and was not lawful. Prosecution counsel B S Bhati, replying to the arguments, said that "the prosecution permission was based on the facts and evidence furnished by the police in its investigation." The case had then reached for judgement on February 25, 2014, but the sudden presence of an uncertain prosecution application before the trial court, led by the then prosecution counsel in 2006 postponed the verdict for two flat years. Salman Khan's Arms Act Case Verdict to be Given Today BY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

Shahi Imam Creates Controversy, Advises Girls to Wear Veil January 18, 2017 12:35

A statement of Shahi Imam of Tipu Sultan Masjid in Kolkata, Syed Mohammad Nurur R Barkati has created a fresh spark of controversy.  He said that "girls should avoid wearing short clothes if they want to protect themselves from getting raped or murdered." He added that "boys get excited about seeing girls in short dresses. The girls should dress up decently to save themselves from the lust of men." “Girls these days wear too short dresses and very revealing shirts. We are not stopping them from wearing dresses but, they should avoid wearing short clothes to save themselves from the lust of men,” Barkati told ANI. He also said that "short dresses result into rape and murder." Earlier on January 13, he had decided the dress code for women, saying Hindu or Muslim, Indian women should veil themselves, in regard to ‘Hindustani culture’. Barkati’s remark came days after Samajwadi Party leader Abu Azmi gave offensive statement on girls’ dressing style. Azmi had said that "nudity has become a new fashion in India. The women need to be cautious and should take care of their own security." BJP Worker File a Complaint Against CM Mamata Banerjee BY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

Pak to Lift Ban on Indian Films Following Distributors Crisis January 18, 2017 12:03

After the attack on the Army post in Uri, the Indian government had banned all Pakistan Actors in India. In a tit-for-tat, Pakistan Government banned screening of all Indian movies in Pakistan. But it looks like this ban has really affected the theatre owners financially. As all the theatre owners were suffering from the financial crisis in Pakistan, Islamabad allowed the movie screening with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif announcing a committee to look into demands of local theatre owners. Distributors are hoping that the ban is lifted before the release of 'Raees', starring Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan and Pakistani actor Maira Khan, releases on January 25. The committee has been formed by Nawaz Sharif headed by Minister of State for Information Maryum Aurangzeb. It includes the Secretary of Commerce, Adviser to the Prime Minister on National History and Literary Heritage and a representative of ISI. Indian films are on the list of banned items in Pakistan. But the Commerce Ministry, under para-19 of the import policy order, had given no-objection certificates (NOCs) at the behest of the Information Ministry for import of Indian films since 2006. The Information Ministry, in meeting with the Commerce Ministry, followed an idea to allow the import of two or three Indian films per month through NOCs. Man Gets 'One-Sided Blank' Rs.500 Notes from an ATM in Khargone BY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

3000 People Protest, Demand to Lift Ban on Jallikattu January 18, 2017 11:51

Over 3,000 people, including  students and techies, are protesting at Chennai's Marina beach since January 17. They demanded to lift the ban on bull-taming festival Jallikattu in Tamil Nadu and on animal rights organisation People for Ethical Treatment of Animals or PETA. As protests continued, ministers Jayakumar and Ma Foi Pandiarajan met representatives of protesters. They assured them that they will approach the centre to issue an executive order (on Jallikattu).   "We would echo the public sentiment in Tamil Nadu to the central government," Mr Pandiarajan said. However, protesters wanted to meet Chief Minister O Panneerselvam. P Manjunath, a class XI student, says, "Jallikattu is a 500 year old tradition. The court has to lift the ban." "There's no cruelty for bulls. Courts are for people. It is our right to protest, it's not illegal to protest for banned Jallikattu," says J Rajesh, an IT professional. The protest also took place at Alanganallur in Madurai district, where around 200 people were arrested on Tuesday morning. Senior cops said, "few political groups are also behind these protests and mobilising crowd via social media." Jallikattu, is also referred to as Eruthazhuvuthal locally, is practised in Tamil Nadu as a part of Pongal celebrations. The Supreme Court imposed a ban on the game as they felt that animals are being tortured in the name of game. Jallikattu was banned for the last three years. Advocate and Animal Rights Activist, Rudra Krishna says, "you basically see bulls having tails bitten, being stabbed with sickles, agitated, stuff rubbed into their eyes with twenty people jumping on him." Jallikattu in Chittoor district! BY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

Good Time, Food Time for Pizza Thieves - No FIR January 18, 2017 11:31

Robberies are very common nowadays. It can be either phone or purse or any valuable item. But in Noida, a weird kind of robbery is happening. It is Pizza robbery. Yes! you read it right. As thieves decide to treat themselves, they are running away with pizza. According to the delivery boys, as they park their bike to search for the delivery address, all pizzas are stolen. Pizza delivery boys said that "on an average, there are 8-10 such incidents in the city every month, but most remain unreported. With a dozen pizzas being stolen in Noida every week, we take a look at the intricacies of this unusual crime." Delivery boys said that there is no particular number of how many pizzas are being stolen from Noida but on a average over a dozen pizzas are stolen in a week. "Ab yeh toh nahin keh sakte ki poore Noida mein kitni chori hoti hai, par sunne me aata hai sabse ki hafte mein do-teen incident ho jaati hain," says Ramesh, a pizza delivery boy with Dominos. Ramesh's colleague adds, "It's not as if they steal only one pizza when they rob you. Saare le jaate hain jitney ho aapke paas. Normally, a delivery boy carries 4-5 pizzas when out for delivery." Most cases were not reported because police used to say 'pizza hi toh hai' The latest case took place on January 6, when Rajnish, a pizza delivery boy, was robbed in Noida Sector 58. He tells us, "I had parked my bike, and was looking for the address, when three men came on a bike, and snatched the pizzas from me. Before I could react, they sped off towards Sector 57." Luckily, a PCR van was in the area. Rajnish called the cops and the accused were immediately arrested with the stolen pizzas at a traffic signal in Sector 57 in just 15 minutes. A manager of a Dominos restaurant in Noida, says, "We make a written complaint about it, but most times, no FIR is filed. A written complaint is required because we have to document stolen pizzas, and report it to our superiors. Par FIR ka jhanjhat kaun lega? Pizza hi toh hai." "Yes, we have heard of the odd cases of delivery boys being robbed in the city, but we can't take action or investigate if the cases aren't being reported," says a senior police official. Ravi, a delivery boy in Greater Noida, says, "Most of these incidents happen near Knowledge Park, where all the colleges are. It could be because it's a deserted area, but the thieves seem to be well-off, not the regular criminals. Normal choron ko pizza chura ke kya milega?" In Noida, the most common spots where pizza robberies happen include areas near Sector 58 and Sector 62. Several colleges are located in both the sectors apart from places like Sector 12 and places close to Expressway. Delivery boys say that there is no specific time frame the robberies take place. In busy areas, robberies take place usually after sunset, but in remote areas like Expressway and Knowledge Park, incidents have been reported during broad daylight as well. The robberies first started, a few years ago. After the pizza was stolen, delivery boys used to face huge difficulty convincing their bosses that robbery actually happened. Managers used to suspect delivery boys of selling the pizzas, and then reporting as stolen. A pizza delivery boy at a joint in Sector 18, told "Initially, it seemed funny, but when the incidents started happening more regularly, it became ridiculous. Shuru mein toh managers maante hi nahi thay ki aisa kuch hua hai. Kehte thay ki tum ne koi ghapla toh nahi kiya hai, aur ab keh rahe ho chori ho gaye. That is why we insisted on informing the police. Report na likhwayein, phir bhi bata toh dete hi hain police ko." Delhi: Former Navy Sailor Stabs Parents, Sets Cylinder on Fire Injuring 13 BY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

Bengaluru: Woman Throws Acid on her Lover, Slashes his Face with Knife January 18, 2017 10:42

In a shocking incident, a woman threw acid on her boyfriend and then slashed his face on Monday night. The incident took place in Bengaluru. As soon as police got to know about the incident, they arrested the woman and are searching her cousin who helped her to commit this crime. According to the police,  Lydia, 26, a resident of Srirampura was a nurse working in a private hospital on Ali Asgar Road. She was in a relationship with Jayakumar, 32, who is a resident of Prakash Nagar, He runs an apparel shop near Ali Asgar Road. The police said that "Lydia met Jayakumar when she had gone to his shop over five years ago. They soon fell in love and started meeting each other regularly. Lydia reportedly kept asking him to marry her and also to get converted to Christianity. In November last year, Jayakumar agreed to marry her but refused to convert to Christianity which had led to a fight between them. Later, Jayakumar had stopped taking her phone calls. An upset Lydia decided to teach him a lesson and sought her cousin Sunil’s help. A week ago, she had spirited away from an acid bottle used for cleaning and a blade from the hospital. On Monday evening, Jayakumar and his friend Padmanabh had gone to Rajarajeshwari temple." Police added "Lydia got information about Jayakumar’s whereabouts from one of his family members. Lydia and Sunil, who knew the route taken by Jayakumar, went on a scooter and lay in wait near Attiguppe bus-stop. As Jayakumar and his friend, who were returning home, passed Attiguppe around 8.30 pm, the cousins started tailing them. As they approached Pipelane Road, Lydia, who was riding pillion, threw acid on Jayakumar through his car window." “Jayakumar, who was in intense pain, got out of the car. Lydia, who was waiting with the blade, slashed his face. As Jayakumar fell down, the accused sped away, while Jayakumar’s friend rushed him to hospital and alerted the police. Lydia was picked up from her house, but her cousin is absconding,” police said. Lydia reportedly told cops that she was in love with Jayakumar from five years. When she asked him to marry her and change his religion to Christianity, he was taking too long to marry her. He later agreed to marry her but he said that he won't change his religion. That is why she took this extreme step. The police have booked the accused under 326A, 307 and other sections of the IPC. Another Acid Attack BY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

Salman Khan’s Arms Act Case Verdict to be Given Today January 18, 2017 10:04

A Jodhpur court is going to give the verdict of Arms Act case against Bollywood actor Salman Khan today. This case is one of the four cases against the actor. While the Rajasthan High Court has found him not guilty in two cases of poaching of chinkara, trial in the third case of alleged poaching of two blackbucks is on. Khan and his sister Alvira arrived in Rajasthan on Tuesday evening. He will be appearing in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate. His counsel H M Saraswat said, "We had argued in the court that there was no evidence that Khan was carrying fire arms either during his stay here or during alleged poaching. What he was found in possession with, were actually the air guns." The Arms Act was filed against Khan for allegedly holding and using the fire arms which had expired licence in the poaching of blackbucks in Kankani near Jodhpur on October 1 and 2, 1998. Arguments were heard from both the sides on January 9, after which magistrate Dalpat Singh Rajpurohit moved the judgement for January 18 and also directing the actor to be present in the court. Before this, Salman Khan appeared on March 10 last year in the court for a recording his statements, wherein he said he was not guilty. He added that he was being framed in the case by the forest department. The defence also asked questions on the prosecution permission arguing that it was given by the then district magistrate Rajat Kumar Mishra and was not lawful. Prosecution counsel B S Bhati, replying to the arguments, said that "the prosecution permission was based on the facts and evidence furnished by the police in its investigation." The case had then reached for judgement on February 25, 2014, but the sudden presence of an uncertain prosecution application before the trial court, led by the then prosecution counsel in 2006 postponed the verdict for two flat years. Pawan Kalyan and Madhavan to Attend India Conference at Harvard University BY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More

Air Strike on Refugee Camp in Nigeria, 52 Killed & 120 Injured January 18, 2017 09:26

At least 52 people were killed and 120 injured in an air strike by Nigeria's air force on refugee camp on Tuesday. A spokesman from Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) said "after the military earlier disclosed the strike was meant to target Boko Haram militants." MSF said "the strike occurred in Rann in Borno state, the epicentre of the jihadist group's seven-year-long bid to create an Islamic caliphate. Nigerian General Lucky Irabor, a regional military commander, located the incident at Kala Balge, a district that includes Rann." Irabor, who said, "it was too early to determine the cause of the incident, told journalists an unknown number of civilians had been killed, adding that humanitarian workers from MSF and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) were among the injured." “At least 52 people were killed and 120 wounded,” said TimShenk, a spokesman for the MSF medical charity. “The organisation's medical and surgical teams in the region are preparing to treat evacuated patients,” he added. An ICRC spokeswoman said, "six Nigeria Red Cross members were killed and 13 wounded." The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) said: "the deaths underline the importance of protecting civilians in complex humanitarian emergencies.” “The president pledges federal help for the state government in attending to this regrettable operational mistake,” said FemiAdesina, a spokesman for President Muhammadu Buhari, in an emailed statement. Cocaine Racket Busted in Hyderabad Two Nigerians & BTech Student Held BY M. DIVYA SRI

Read More