( Page 1 of 3948 )

List View Grid View Latest Articles from

Two Gunmen Attack American University in Kabul August 25, 2016 10:46

In a shocking incident, two gunmen attacked the American University in Kabul at around 6:30pm local time (1400 GMT) on Wednesday.At least twelve people were killed and created panic among hundreds of students. Officials said “The attack began with a large explosion said to be a car bomb followed by gunfire, as suspected militants battled into the complex where foreign staff and pupils were working.”According to a senior interior ministry official as soon as the news about the attack spread, Afghan forces surrounded the walled compound and eventually worked their way inside. “The fight is over and at least two attackers are killed,” a police official at the scene said. “Right now a clearance operation is ongoing by a criminal technique team. More details will be announced soon.”Information on casualties remained uncertain, but the Afghan public health ministry said “one guard was killed and at least 21 people were wounded, six critically. No foreigners were reported among the wounded.”Kabul police Chief Abdul Rahman Rahimi said earlier on Thursday that “security forces had rescued around 500 students from the university, which is popular with Afghanistan’s elite.”Terrified students ran into the classrooms or jumping from the second floor in order to escape. “Many students jumped from the second floor, some broke their legs and some hurt their head trying to escape,” Abdullah Fahimi, a student who escaped, told Reuters. He injured his ankle making the leap.“We were in the class when we heard a loud explosion followed by gunfire. It was very close. Some students were crying, others were screaming.”Ahmad Mukhtar, who also fled, said “the gunmen had got into the university buildings despite security measures, including armed guards and watchtowers.”“I finished my class and was about to leave when I heard a few gunshots and a huge explosion, followed by more gunfire,” he said. “I ran toward the emergency exit with other students, climbed the wall and jumped outside.”The American University of Afghanistan has about 1,700 students. It opened in 2006 and caters to full-time and part-time course for students. The United States said “we are closely monitoring the situation in Kabul following the university attack and that forces from the US-led coalition were involved in the response in an advise and assist role.”State Department spokesperson Elizabeth Trudeau said “the US Embassy was working to account for all of its personnel and to locate and assist any US citizens affected by the attack.” Also Read: Private TV channel attacked by MQM activistsBY M.DIVYA SRI

Read More

Delhi Gang Rape Convict Attempts Suicide August 25, 2016 10:37

Convict Vinay Sharma, one of the main culprits in 2012 Delhi Gang Rape Case tried to commit suicide in Tihar Jail on Thursday.According to reports, Vinay Sharma tried hanging himself after consuming pills. He has been admitted to Deen Dayal Upadhyay hospital in Delhi.Last year, Vinay said that he was being beaten up by other inmates sue to which he had demanded more security.The 2012 Delhi a 23-year-old female physiotherapy intern, Jyoti Singh was beaten, gang raped, and tortured in a private bus in which she was traveling with her friend, Awindra Pratap Pandey. There were six others in the bus, including the driver and a juvenile, who raped the woman and beat her friend. Thirteen days after the assault, she was transferred to a Singapore hospital where she died after two days. All the accused were arrested and charged with sexual assault and murder. One of the accused, Ram Singh, died in police custody said to be suicide on 11 March 2013 in the Tihar Jail. The rest of the accused went on trial in a fast-track court on 8 July 2013. On 31 August, the juvenile was convicted of rape and murder under the Juvenile Justice Act and given the maximum sentence of three years' imprisonment in a reform facility, inclusive of the eight months he spent in remand during the trial. On 10 September 2013, the four remaining culprits were found guilty and were sentenced hang till death after three days. In December 2013 the family of the victim established the Nirbhaya Trust, an institute formed to assist women who have experienced violence to find shelter and legal assistance. Due to the fact that Indian laws do not allow the publishing of a rape victim's name, it was named Nirbhaya which means fearless in Hindi, after the name used by the media. The victim's father stated, "So many people supported us, so ... we want [to] help those girls who have no one.” The juvenile was released on 20 December 2015.The incident triggered huge protest in both India and abroad. Public blamed the state and central governments for failing to provide adequate security for women in New Delhi. Also Read: Children’s Home Head Arrested for Raping Girls in Delhi BY M.DIVYA SRI

Read More

Kashmir Unrest to Continue till September 1 August 25, 2016 10:28

Unrest in Kashmir continued as separatists extend their strike call and agitation till September 1. They also announced a new calendar for protests including a march to Srinagar-based Army headquarters on the weekend.According to a statement they also called for a joint march to Eidgah in downtown Srinagar on Friday. Separatists asked people to lock down all routes to their localities and villages so that they can "protect" people in general and youth in particular from the raids and arrests by security forces and police.Women were asked to occupy all chowks in their locality and stage peaceful protests on August 30. Everyone was asked to block roads near Doordarshan, Radio Kashmir (AIR) and Information Department to ensure that "no employee is allowed to enter the premises" on September 1. "Lock down all government offices except essential services on August 29," it said and warned of "social boycott" of Divisional Commissioner, Deputy Commissioners and heads of all departments if they issue threats to the employees for reporting to duties.Home Minister Rajnath Singh visited Kashmir on Wednesday as part of Centre’s outreach.  This was his second visit in a month. He held talks with political leaders during which he was told the Centre should initiate a dialogue with all stakeholders to find a solution to problems faced by Jammu and Kashmir.Rajnath Singh, who is on two day visit to the valley, drove through the tense city roads with tight security.Singh arrived at Nehru Guest House along with Union Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi and other officials. He held a meeting with different wings of administration including security, health and maintenance of essential commodities for the people.Official sources said “Singh asked head of para-military forces, dealing with the law and order situation, to exercise maximum restraint while dealing with protesters and also appreciated their efforts in maintaining law and order in the Valley. The Home Minister was conveyed that there has been improvement in situation on the ground, there is no scarcity of essential commodities and health services are functioning.”Singh before leaving for Srinagar said “I shall interact with civil society groups, political parties and other stakeholders. Those who believe in Kashmiriyat, Insaniyat and Jamhooriyatare welcome.”After the review meeting, the Home Minister had separate meetings with heads of para-military forces and state police chief. He understood their working conditions and also enquired whether there was an operational requirement. Later, a delegation of opposition National Conference led by former Chief Minister Omar Abdullah met the Home Minister and urged him to immediately ban use of pellet guns as a crowd control means in Kashmir.“They also demanded that Centre initiate a dialogue with all stakeholders in Jammu and Kashmir to find a lasting solution to the problems faced by the state,” sources said. Also Read: Curfew Continues in Kashmir for the 42nd DayBY M.DIVYA SRI

Read More

Earthquake in Italy, 120 Killed & 368 Injured August 25, 2016 10:08

At least 120 people were killed and over 368 injured as earthquake with magnitude of 6.2 struck at 3:36 am Italy on Wednesday.Prime Minister Matteo Renzi visited the zone Wednesday, greeted rescue teams and survivors warned that “several people have been trapped under rubble and the figure of dead and wounded was expected to rise in the wake of the pre-dawn quake. And this is not a final toll.” He also pledged "No family, no city, no hamlet will be left behind."Sergio Pirozzi, the mayor of Amatrice said "The town isn't here anymore. I believe the toll will rise." Rescue crews used bulldozers to dig out survivors from a strong earthquake. The temblor shook the Lazio region, Umbria and Le Marche on the Adriatic coast. Dozens of people were pulled out alive by rescue teams and volunteers that poured in from around Italy."Unfortunately, 90 per cent we pull out are dead, but some make it, that's why we are here," said Christian Bianchetti, a volunteer from Rieti.Worst affected were the tiny towns of Amatrice and Accumoli near Rieti and Pescara del Tronto. Italy's health minister, Beatrice Lorenzin also visited the devastated area said “many of the victims were children: The quake zone is a popular spot for Romans with second homes, and the population swells in August when most Italians take their summer holiday before school resumes. The medieval center of Amatrice was devastated, with the hardest-hit half of the city cut off by rescue crews digging by hand to get to trapped residents.”"The whole ceiling fell but did not hit me," marveled resident Maria Gianni. "I just managed to put a pillow on my head and I wasn't hit, luckily, just slightly injured my leg."Another woman, sitting in front of her destroyed home with a blanket over her shoulders, said "It was one of the most beautiful towns of Italy and now there's nothing left. I don't know what we'll do.""We need chain saws, shears to cut iron bars and jacks to remove beams. Everything, we need everything," civil protection worker Andrea Gentili told The Associated Press in the early hours of the recovery. Italy's national blood drive association appealed for donations to Rieti's hospital."We are waiting for the military," said resident Alessandra Cappellanti. "There is a base in Ascoli, one in Rieti, and in L'Aquila. And we have not seen a single soldier. We pay! It's disgusting!"Agostino Severo, a Rome resident visiting Illica, said workers eventually arrived after an hour or so. "We came out to the piazza, and it looked like Dante's Inferno," he said. "People crying for help, help."The US Geological Survey reported the quake's magnitude was 6.2, while the Italian geological service put it at 6 and the European Mediterranean Seismological Center at 6.1. The quake had a shallow depth of between four and 10 kilometers, the agencies said. Generally, shallow earthquakes pack a bigger punch and tend to be more damaging than deeper quakes."The Apennine mountains in central Italy have the highest seismic hazard in Western Europe and earthquakes of this magnitude are common," noted Richard Walters, a lecturer in Earth sciences at Durham University in Britain. Also Read: 6.6 magnitude earthquake tremors in RussiaBY M.DIVYA SRI

Read More

Rosaiah’s Governor Role Extended August 25, 2016 09:41

Senior Congress leader and politician Konijeti Rosaiah has his hands full of experience and he played a key role in Andhra Pradesh politics. He has done his role with perfection and has experience as a MLA, minister and even a Chief Minister. After the state bifurcation, Rosaiah stayed silent and he has elected as the Governor of Tamil Nadu before the last Parliament elections.His role as a Governor is said to be completed by the end of this month however the Tamil Nadu government extended his role as a Governor as of now. Rosaiah has been loyal to the government and he has been far from controversies because of which his role has been extended. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa wrote a special letter to the Central government seeking the extension of Rosaiah in the role of Governor.

Read More

KCR Challenges T Congress: Receives a Warm Welcome August 25, 2016 09:22

Telangana Chief Minister KCR received a warm welcome from the leaders and the activists across the state after he signed a contract with the Maharastra government regarding the Godavari river allocation. KCR signed three contracts in Mumbai and he returned back yesterday evening. He received a standing ovation in Begumpet Airport and he has been welcomed by ministers, MLAs and leaders of the state. KCR challenged the Telangana Congress leaders that he would resign if they prove the allegations. He challenged leaders Jana Reddy and Uttam Kumar Reddy that he would straightaway go to Raj Bhavan if those false statements have been proved. KCR revealed that Telangana will get irrigation facilities for over a crore acres because of this contract. He also revealed the would personally visit every district soon in a road show. (Video Source: V6 News)

Read More

100 Days Of Love Movie Review and Ratings August 24, 2016 18:35

Coming Soon-----

Read More

A Flying Jatt Movie Review and Ratings August 24, 2016 15:49

Coming Soon------

Read More

Bihar Man Falls in Pulp Making Machine, Dies August 24, 2016 12:12

In a tragic incident a migrant worker from Bihar was crushed to death in Tamil Nadu.According to the police, the deceased has been identified as Vicky Kumar. He accidentally fell in a pulp making machine at a paper mill near Bhavani Sagar in the district.One of his colleagues told police that “he fell into the conveyor belt leading to the pulp making machine and was crushed to death on Tuesday. The machine was stopped immediately when the victim's co-worker, also from Bihar, raised an alarm. However, he was crushed totally.”Police said “Kumar's body was identified from the pieces of the T-Shirt he was wearing, Though the management of the paper mill said Vicky Kumar was aged 21, other workers said he was 19.The private paper mill employed more than 25 persons from Bihar besides others.”“We are unable to confirm the age since the boy has no relatives here and the co-workers were from different parts of Bihar who had become familiar with one another only at the work spot,” said Ravi, Inspector of Bhavani Sagar Police Station.Barring a small bone and a few pieces of the T-shirt that he wore, his entire body had turned into pulp. The management of the industrial unit is stated to have furnished the victim's age as 21 to the police.A case has been registered. The Department of Industrial Safety and Health could not immediately determine the victim's age.Joint Director of Industrial Safety and Health Manoharan said necessary action will be taken based on an investigation on Wednesday to determine let-up in safety procedure. Also Read: TN Govt and Andhra compete to lure Kia Motors to Set Up Plant in StateBY M.DIVYA SRI

Read More

Director Ashok Blessed with Triplet August 24, 2016 11:47

Tollywood Director G Ashok is elated as he is promoted to new level in personal life today. Ashok has turned father as his wife delivered beautiful babies. He is blessed with a triplet on Tuesday and Ashok was naturally on cloud nine. It's said that Ashok's wife gave birth to two baby girls and a baby boy. Doctors have stated that all the babies and the mother are healthy. Ashok started his career as a child artiste before turning as a choreographer. He even worked as dance assistant and choreographed for over 300 songs and worked under famous dance masters like Raju Sundaram, Lawrence. However, Ashok found his calling for direction and turned into filmmaker.Ashok made his debut as a director in 2010 with Aakasa Ramanna. However, it's Nani-starrer Pilla Zamindar with which he shot to fame. While his film with Aadi and Nisha Aggarwal, Sukumarudu, failed miserably, Ashok is now filming a high-budgeted female oriented film Bhagmati with Anushka Shetty in the lead. It's coincidental that he turned father and blessed with triplet during the making of Bhagmati. Also Read: Nani's Majnu Gearing up for ReleaseBY M.DIVYA SRI

Read More