Congress limps, Dharmanna abuses power!
Smitten by corrupted leaders, erring to save for generations to come has become a day-to-day affair in the state. With same stories repeating in daily media. Day before it was late Y S Rajashekar Reddy who had gone out of the way in abusing his power as the Chief Minister, while rendering favors to his son Jagan Mohan Reddy. Yesterday it was Mopidevi who was exposed in the liquor scam and today it is the minister for roads and buildings, Dharmana Prasad. But the thought, 'tomorrow', for the Congress leaders must be dreadful, as the CBI puts its scanner on many ministers in the Jagan's disproportionate assets case. Who will be the next, feel the observers and where is the limit.
At this rate we would be having most bigwigs involved in slew of alleged abuse of power issues. However concentrating on the latest victim to the CBI axes rewritten. The YSR-Jagan story with Dharmana and his son Dharmana Ram Manohar Naidu is rewritten of course with names changed, instead of the formers. As the modus-operandi for favoring his son in gaining major shares in the valuable beach sands projects, looked similar. The way the funds were diverted and power abused were on similar lines to the former duo, says a leading media daily. Right now Dharmana has been listed as the fifth accused by the CBI in the Jagan DA case. The CBI listed the alleged role of the former Minister in their fourth chargesheet submitted late last week. This was done after questioning the minister twice earlier.
Dharmana, a senior leader of the Congress, was a four time MLA of the Srikakulam Constituency and a trusted lieutenant of the late YSR. Hailing from the BC Velama community in the north coastal districts, he was instrumental in the Congress winning a majority of the seats in his native district of Srikakulam, in the 2009 elections. As per the CBI the erstwhile Vanpic deal garnered liberal sanctions from the revenue department when the leader was at the helm of affairs. Infact sources claim that the minister felicitated to illegally acquire lands for Vanpic, under the guise of development of the backward region.
Industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad who heads the Vanpic Projects Private Limited was alleged to have invested in Jagan's company on quid pro quo arrangement for land allotted to the port project by the then YSR government. And Dharmana was alleged to be instrumental in overseeing the project took off well as helmed the revenue department, around that time. In principle Vanpic Infrastructure project in 2008 was to construct ports and an industrial corridor in the Prakasam and Guntur districts, intended to industrialize this largely-agricultural area.
Though this is the original issue that lead to the CBI cornering Dharmana, a recent media report enlightens how the trusted lieutenant turns a kingpin in the beach sands project in Srikakulam district which has his own family as the epicentre of beneficiaries. This is worth a noting that needs to briefed on the media report that has appeared in a leading daily this morning. The project which had an estimate of Rs 1875 Cr had an initial announcement of 768 hectares, which was briskly followed by another allotment of 709 hectares. Infact the project would have got in to the book of records for the brisk nature of government sanctions that it had in its kitty.
Under normal circumstances a project take off in the country takes..........................., I know the sufferers will fill the columns about the process. But with the Minister behind there was effervescent movement visible. In the mammoth proposal, every thing was in place in no time. For another issue the project will go in records is, inspite of the rapid movement the original company went into oblivion and a new company was in place for the development. Mind boggling is the report that turned eyeballs in today's print edition.
One point that needs to be noted out here is that the heavy mineral beach sands are used along with with Titanium and other rarely available minerals to make various high cost alloys, which are more valued than the costliest metals. This belt on which the project was proposed was rich with ilmenite mixed with heavy mineral beach sands, with natural abundance. So an ideal cash rich resource which would have made the promoters listed in the Forbes too, say critics. What a master plan, sir, you excelled your mentor, add observers.
Chronicle of events as they unfolded:
1. 2005 June 23: Dharmana along with his kin forms a company 'Bay Minerals Pvt Ltd' with a mere capital of Rs 1.35 lakhs.
2. 2005 August 03: APMDC issues a notification for starting a joint venture to explore the 768 hectares of heavy mineral beach sands, with private participation.
3. 2005 August 11: VV Minerals from Tamil Nadu solicits interest in exploring as per the notification.
4. 2006 July 25: After going the credentials APMDC sanctions the JV project to VV Minerals.
5. 2006 July 27: Dharmana's 'Bay Minerals Pvt Ltd', signs an share holding agreement with VV Minerals Pvt Ltd. And as per the agreement VV Minerals Pvt Ltd would get 63 percent and Bay Minerals will get 26 percent share in the JV with APMDC. The government agency to get the remaining 11 percent. However the irony is that VV Minerals Pvt Ltd was never allotted the project and it was VV Minerals that was sanctioned by APMDC, as of date.
6. 2006 September 29: APMDC recommendations to the joint venture with VV Minerals had been approved by the government in GO no: 273.
7. 2006 October 12: VV Minerals urges the APMDC to amend the agreement in favour of VV Minerals Pvt Ltd. This clearly shows the intentions of the later company.
8. 2006 October 13: APMDC obliges the request of VV Minerals and the fresh amendment in favor of VV Minerals Pvt Ltd. Just imagine under what pressures the act would have been in just a day?
9. 2006 December 14: VV Minerals Pvt Ltd urges APMDC for more land. And also specifies where and how much land was required for the joint venture to provide employment to many youth.
10. 2006 December 27: the government instantly responded to the urge and processed GO no: 374, and all other formalities were in place at a rapid pace.
11. 2006 December 30: APMDC and VV Minerals Pvt Ltd, ink the agreement as bureaucrat V D Rajagopal takes over the consortium as Managing Director. And the most astonishing fact is that the APMDC agrees on a 11 percent share, with the rest in the hands of VV Minerals Pvt Ltd. Does it sound similar to the private agreement made by Dharmana & Co on 2006 July 27!
12. 2008 December 05: Dharmana Ram Manohar Naidu and Dharmana's man-Friday, Allu Kesav Jogi Nayudu take over as the additional directors in VV Minerals Pvt Ltd. Another close relative of Dharmana, Rahul Muddada takes over as the Joint Managing Director of the company. As per the agreement VV Minerals Pvt Ltd had to shell out Rs 1875 Cr, for the development of the project. And do you know
Rahul Muddada's acre off address is similar to the house number of the former minister's bungalow allotted by the government. Infact he loans the investment of Rs 2.6 Lakhs on behalf of Bay Minerals Pvt Ltd, as its share.
13. Final Word: As per the agreement APMDC never got its rightful share of 11 percent, till date. This was visible in the company's statement released on 31-03-2011.
After this things slowed down:
1. 2010 November 11: APMDC recommends for suspending the agreement with VV Minerals pvt Ltd as the later had violated the conditions...this is pending.
2. 2011 July 11: Jagan DA case, CBI investigations begin.
3. 2011 July 13: Flutter in Dharmana camp, nearly six directors resign from VV Minerals pvt Ltd.
4. 2011 July 18: Even Dharmana Ram Manohar Naidu resigns from VV Minerals pvt Ltd. Now the sole person from the Dharamana & Co in the erstwhile VV Minerals pvt Ltd, is Rahul Muddada.
The whole melodrama unfolds as a setback to the ruling party, which is already bogged down by various crisis. And the resignation of the minister is sure to set the precedent for others implicated in the case. But what will happen to the ruling party that is severely haunted by its arch rivals, miserably. Only a messiah could save the honors of the old horse and bring it back to power cleansing the sins of the few. And if so who could it be...a million dollar question, leaving it to your guesses.
(With inputs from internet-AW AarKay)
Add Your Comments
Please ensure that you don't use abusive words in your comments. While you have a right to express your views, you have absolutely no right to abuse persons or events. Express your criticism in a gentle way.
Featured Movie News
Balupu is getting all ready for the release on 28th in which…
Small budget films are faring well as per the trend at present.…
Sherlyn Chopra's mother is asking her to get married soon! That is…
Haasan said that she like writing due to the fact that, it…
There is gossip that Rajamouli, the very acclaimed director is going to…
SRK, was known to have got discharged on Wednesday evening after undergoing…