Say no to alcohol!
Do you often enjoy the kick that alcohol offers? If yes, then you are inviting gate pass to hell. Alcohol consumption is one of the worst habits that can take your health for a toll even if you consume liquor occasionally. Doctors often say that alcohol abuse can damage n number of parts in the body. Want to know about them?
1. Cardiovascular disease: It is a class of heart diseases ranging from heart failure to inflammatory heart disease. Consuming alcohol will damage the heart and blood vessels to the core.
2. Alcoholic liver disease: If a person takes 100 ml per day for about 20 years, then he will be prone to develop alcoholic liver disease. In women, the quantity would be 25 ml per day. When a person develops alcoholic liver disease, he will also increase risk of hepatitis. Females are more susceptible to alcohol related liver disease.
3. Damage to Central Nervous System: A person who consumes alcohol regularly will soon damage his central nervous system. It can effect brain and spinal chord. Right from optic nerves to many crucial nerves, drinking will damage your nervous system. This would lead to meningitis and Parkinson’s disease. Muscle rigidity, tremors, sensation disorders and tremors would be witnessed.
4. Damage to Peripheral Nervous System: It is also called as Peripheral Neuropathy. If a motor nerve is affected, the person will result in muscle weakness while a sensory nerve damage will cause numbness. High blood pressure, constipation, bladder dysfunction (urinary retention) are some of the symptoms of Peripheral Neuropathy.
5. Chronic pancreatitis: Consumption of alcohol will lead to the inflammation of pancreas. Patients with pancreatitis will develop several diseases including diabetes.
6. Kidney stones: People who consume even low levels of alcohol are also likely to develop stones in the kidneys.
7. Dementia: Forgetfulness would be high among alcoholics. Things like forgetting to lock the door etc will become daily affairs. This would slowly result in amnesia too, which is complete forgetfulness.
8. Cancer: The International Agency for Research on Cancer has stated alcohol as Group 1 Carcinogen, which means alcohol leads to Cancer. A study concluded that 3.6 per cent of cancer cases across the globe are due to alcoholism. Another study in 2011 held that one man in 10 who dies of cancer was alcoholic. Consumption of alcohol leads to mouth cancer, pharynx cancer, larynx cancer, esophagus cancer.
So, friends put an end to the sweet poison right away. There’s no enjoyment in spending money for spoiling the health.
Add Your Comments
Please ensure that you don't use abusive words in your comments. While you have a right to express your views, you have absolutely no right to abuse persons or events. Express your criticism in a gentle way.
Featured Movie News
The successful director of Telugu Cinema K.Raghavendra Rao who made over 100…
Mahesh Babu who so far covered his body on the screens and…
Raveena Tandon who is bollywood role player making a comeback to the…
Lakshmi Rai will be seen in guest role in Ravi Teja's Balupu.…
There is gossip that Rajamouli, the very acclaimed director is going to…
Court exempted Salman Khan appearance who is under trail for his involvement…