( Page 1 of 3764 )

List View Grid View Latest Articles from

Mustafizur Rahman: Not desperate about IPL contract February 08, 2016 16:50

New medium-fast bowler of Bangladesh’s team, Mustafizur Rahman was one of the eye grabbing players, on whom the franchises had set their sights on, as the 2016 IPL auctions went underway on Saturday. After defeating India in 3-match ODI series, Mustafizur has been a favorite of most of the T20 franchise in the world. He was boosted more, after being grabbed by IPL franchise, Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) in the IPL auctions on Saturday.   As earlier, BCB ruled Mustafizur from participating in the ongoing inaugural edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL), it would be conscious of not using him more than enough, as it would lead him to get his weakness being spotted. As of now, Muastafizur would attend a national camp in Chittagong, for the upcoming Asia Cup T20 2016 and ICC World T20 2016, slated to be held in February and March, respectively. Before leaving for the camp, Mustafizur spoke to the media and said, “I wasn’t really desperate for an IPL contract. Honestly, I didn’t have too many expectations. But since I had done well against India, I thought there could be people who would be interested in me.”After all-rounder, Shakib Al Hasan, Mustafizur is the second Bangladeshi player in the league. When asked about his feeling about this, Mustafizur said, “I understand that people in my country have big expectations from me. IPL will be a good exposure from me. I have learnt a few things in my first year of international cricket. It will be a good place to test my skills. It will be a good experience playing in front of Indian crowds now and with some of the best players in the world.” “Certainly, life is a bit different now. Cricket-wise, I have worked on my fitness and strength and I am looking to increase my pace. I don’t rely too much on swing. The variations that I have should be enough,” he further said. “I haven’t added any more variation. I am working on the ones I have. I practise the yorkers. (Lasith) Malinga bowls a slower yorker, maybe I can work on it a bit later. For now, the priority is to do well for my country in the Asia Cup T20 and the World T20. Even with the red ball in Test cricket, I think I can do well with my cutters and other variations,” Mustafuzir added. Finally, speaking about his role-model for his fast-bowling technique, Mustafizur said, “I like watching Mohammad Amir bowl. He is fascinating. I did speak to him about bowling when he came here to play in the Bangladesh Premier League but not much. There was very little time players had to interact between matches.”By Phani Ch

Read More

Two attempts failed before 26/11 attacks - David Headley February 08, 2016 16:10

In a special court in Mumbai, Pakistani-American Lashkar-e-Toiba operative, David Coleman Headley said that Pakistani terrorists attempted twice to attack Mumbai before the 26/11 attacks, but did not succeed. The 55 year old Headley admitted that his handler Sajid Mir, instructed him to travel to the United States of America in 2006 and change his name from Dawood Gilani to David Headley, to enter India and set up a business.  Headley was testifying before a Mumbai court, via video link from an undisclosed location in the US. He has said about "my colleagues in the Lashkar," and particularly a handler called Sajid Mir, who he said was his main point of contact in the terror group, though he even met others. Headley clarified in the court that he came to Mumbai, seven times before the 26/11 attacks, mostly from Pakistan and once from the UAE. He visited India once after the attacks from Lahore.As named by Abu Jundal previously, who is being tried in Mumbai, three Pakistani officials had played a key role in the attack, Headley said, in a questioning by National Investigation Agency earlier and in a US court. Testimony of David Headley is expected to expose the role of terror mastermind Hafiz Saeed, who roams free in Pakistan and terrorist Abu Jundal who is facing trial in India and was identified by the lone 26/11 terrorist captured alive, Ajmal Kasab, as his handler. Headley was pardoned by the Mumbai court, in December 2015, after he turned approver as a prosecution witness. He has accepted the court's conditions that included the disclosure of the "full and true facts" leading to the 26/11 attacks and his role in it.Reacting to the issue, public prosecutor, Ujjwal Nikam said, “For the first time in Indian legal history, a foreign terrorist would give evidence through video links. His evidence may unfold many things behind the 26/11 terror attack. David Headley may give the broader aspect of criminal conspiracy, why the conspiracy was hatched and the people behind it.”Headley is currently serving a 35-year prison sentence in the US for his role in the terror attacks. By Phani Ch

Read More

RGV boosts employment opportunities February 08, 2016 16:08

News: RGV makes soft porn, through short films, to jolt censor boardIt seems RGV even wants online censor board, to boost the employment opportunities in that way. By Phani Ch

Read More

Kapus: Mudragada withdraws fast after govt. compromised February 08, 2016 14:19

TDP leaders, Kala Venkat Rao and Atchennaidu met Kapu chief Mudragada and spoke to him for about one and a half hour and finally convinced him to withdraw the hunger strike, just a while. After four days of indefinite fast, demanding the inclusion of Kapus in BC community, finally, Mudragada withdrew, after TDP leaders convinced him, assuring a few of the demands.  Speaking to the media, after the discussions with Mudragada, Kala Venkat Rao said, “We spoke to Mudragada on the various issues relating to Kapus. We are going to announce Rs. 1000 crores in the next budget,” assuring Manjunatha Committee in 7 months, 20 days.Venkat Rao further specified that, none of the communities would be neglected with the latest decision of the government. In front of the media, Venkat Rao has given lemon juice to Mudragada and made him officially withdraw the hunger strike.On the other side, Atchennaidu stressed that, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu is keen on giving importance to all the communities and said no existing BCs would lose their existing benefits, with the latest decision.     Kapus row: Mudragada thanks govenrment Even Mudragada spoke to the media and thanked the government for the positive move. “Only for the welfare of the Kapu community, I had to get onto the roads, but I had no grudge on anybody. I do not mind to touch the feet of Naidu, after government implements Kapu reservation,” Mudragada said.  He finally apologized the government accepting that he abused it and pleaded everyone to withdraw the fast, who are conducting, as a support to Mudragada.  Kapus row: Pawan Kalyan’s influence on government!   It is to be observed that, the immediate day, Pawan Kalyan tweeted on Kapu issue, a positive step towards the issue was taken by the government. Similar scenes are observed, when Pawan expressed his version on the land pooling and Bauxite mining issues. So the analysts say that, Pawan Kalyan’s influence behind the government’s latest decision, cannot be neglected. By Phani Ch

Read More

Summer winner?: Sarainodu, Sardaar, Brahmothsavam February 08, 2016 13:25

Among the three big releases for this summer- Sarainodu, Sardaar, Brahmothsavam, which would be the summer winner. Let us make an analysis on it. Firstly, the summer’s heat is going to be doubled with Pawan Kalyan’s Sardaar Gabbar Singh. The film is scheduled for release on April 8th. After Attharintiki Daredi, Pawan made a cameo in Gopala Gopala. His fans are missing his full fledged action  entertainment since long and that is going to be fulfilled with Sardaar. Coming to Allu Arjun. The star was last seen in Rudramadevi movie in a cameo role named ‘Gona Ganna Reddy’, which was immensely appreciated, even by the critics too. Boyapati being the director, Sarainodu is expected to do magic, at the box office and is even expected to compete with the collections of his uncle, Pawan’s movie too. Then comes Mahesh Babu. While Srimanthudu magic is still on in Mahesh’s fans’ hearts, the actor opted class director Srikanth Addala and has been participating in Brahmothsavam shooting. While Pawan’s movie releases in early summer, to make a fair business, Mahesh opted, to release Brahmothsavam in the late summer. Among the various movies, these three are the most anticipated summer releases. While Mahesh’s Brahmothsavam is a family entertainer, Sardaar Gabbar Singh is a comedy cum action entertainer and Sarainodu would be an out and out action entertainer.   Keeping the business they make aside, all the three movies guarantees the minimum entertainment, as the potentiality of the stars in it, was already proved in the past. It should be seen, which movie lives up to the expectation and be tagged as Summer winner. By Phani Ch

Read More

Kapus: Mudragada agrees, may withdraw fast today! February 08, 2016 12:23

Kapu community chief, Mudragada Padmanabham is expected to withdraw his hunger strike today, as he allegedly agreed to the government proposals. Referring to the three government proposals put in front of Mudragada, it agreed to give loans, to those, who applied for Kapu corporation. The other one is to allot Mudragada’s recommended person in the commission and lastly, assured Manjunatha commission in seven months. After Mudragada’s alleged positive sign towards these proposals, TDP leaders, Kala Venkat Rao and Atchennaidu went to Mudragada’s house in Kirlampudi, to make Mudragada, withdraw his strike.   Kapus row: Am I a terrorist? - Dasari Narayana Rao On the other side, Dasari Narayana Rao spoke to the media, this morning, saying that, he started yesterday evening to meet his friend Mudragada, but had to reach today morning, because of the police.  “The police stopped me at the airport and worried me all the night, disallowing me to move. I do not understand whether Iam a citizen or terrorist of the country. Is it a fault to meet my friend, who is struggling so much for Kapus?,” Dasari said.       Kapus row: Chiranjeevi, Raghuveera Reddy arrested Chiranjeevi and Raghuveera Reddy, who started to meet Mudragada were arrested at the Rajahmundry airport, just a while. Congress activists have staged dharna, demanding to release Chiranjeevi and Raghuveera. On the other side, currently the discussions are on, with Mudragada. Keep visiting Andhrawishesh.com for the regular updates of Mudragada and other Kapu related news. By Phani Ch

Read More

Prabhas diet for Baahubali: 42 egg whites and more February 08, 2016 11:41

While Shivudu role of Prabhas has nothing much to do with the title, it is Amarendra Baahubali, which has to show the actual magic. So, not letting down the expectations on the most anticipated role, Rajamouli is strict with Prabhas diet and is making sure, that his hero follows the prescribed diet without fail. The handsome hunk already put on 17 kgs of extra weight to suit the role. Below are the further details about his diet. Prabhas' nutrition plan is based on his body weight, condition and lifestyle. He follows a balanced diet of veg and non-veg food and that too completely homemade. His regular breakfast includes 42 egg whites, 250 grams chicken and fresh fruits.  Coming to lunch, Prabhas would take 7 small meals, comprising of brown rice, oat meal and veg salads along with fibrous carbs like broccoli, spinach, pasta with some garnishing. After the workout during morning and evening, Prabhas will take 1 and a half scoops of readymade protein powder and finally consumes soup or milk before going to bed. Prabhas has two sessions for the workouts- morning and evening, one and half hours for each session. Apart from that, Prabhas even does cardiovascular exercises for 15 mins, yoga for 15 mins and also dumbles and stretching, crossfit and plyometrics are part of Baahubali’s  regular cardio training.By Phani Ch

Read More

Taiwan earthquake: Death toll reaches 34 February 08, 2016 10:54

The death toll from Taiwan earthquake, is going on increasing and the rescuers are trying their best to control it. A horrifying earthquake in a high-rise apartment building in Taiwan on Saturday, took away five lives and several others were rescued. Reportedly,  the death toll as of now reached to 34, even though the rescuers are struggling continuously, from the hour, earthquake struck. The incident took place on the important family holiday in the Chinese calendar - the Lunar New Year. About 100 more people are believed to be still buried in the collapsed building.      Tainan’s government said that, more than 170 people had been rescued alive, from the 17-story building, which folded like an accordion after the quake struck.Due to the tragedy took place on Saturday, the Lunar New Year holiday officially started today, but celebrations were subdued and both President Ma Ying-jeou and President-elect Tsai Ing-wen canceled the handing out of envelopes of cash in their hometowns, a holiday tradition for Taiwan's leader.   As per the Tainan Disaster Emergency Center estimates, 118 people were still trapped at the site of the collapsed building, many at the bottom of the debris. By using information from residents, who got out about the possible locations of those still inside, the rescuers were able to reach several people, Tainan Mayor Lai Ching-te said. The emergency centre declared that, out of the 171 rescued people from the collapsed building, 92 were sent to hospitals. More than 100 people were rescued from other parts of Tainan. Nine other buildings in the city collapsed and five careened.By Phani Ch

Read More

Leopard enters Bengaluru school, threatens many February 08, 2016 10:04

A terror atmosphere was observed in a private school in Bengaluru, after a Leopard entered into the school and attacked a few of the people, leaving them injured.At around 4.13 am yesterday, the Leopard was spotted in Vibgyor school in Bengaluru. The issue went viral, after CCTV footage was out, featuring leopard, walking in the school premises. School authorities immediately informed the forest officials and police, who rushed to the spot. Reportedly, the leopard injured three forest department personnel, including a veterinarian, who were shifted to a nearby hospital immediately.  It attacked a man, who was trying to escape by climbing a gate. As he tried to ward it off, forest officials fired shots and the animal escaped.Also read: Leopard jumps onto a car window Police had a hard time controlling the crowd, that had gathered at the spot.After the police officials started shooting the animal, it escaped from the school premises and hid in the nearby bushes. But after the officials, tried vigorously to capture it, the animal re-entered the school, by scaling a compound wall.   As it was a Sunday, the school was shut down and that actually saved children.  Otherwise, the situations would have been more worse.      The scene of the attack was captured by television channels which had arrived at the spot to cover the operation.By Phani Ch

Read More

RGV talkies, a jolt to Censor board! February 08, 2016 09:21

The controversial king RGV (Ram Gopal Varma), on a satirical mood, announced to launch an online theatre called RGV talkies, through which, he decided to make the short films, as it would have no restriction from the censor board.While the makers decide to tell a lot in the film, during the censoring, most of the dialogues and scenes are chopped off. Due to this chopping, the actual feel, makers are trying to put in the film is getting lost and so, all such films are remaining as the failures at the box office. The makers are restricted to do the films, keeping censoring in mind. RGV who might have got irritated with this censoring process, came up with the thought called ‘Online theatre,’ named ‘RGV talkies.’ “I am soon launching an online theatre called RGV talkies which will 1st release my debut short film called "Single X"”, RGV tweeted.RGV is going to make short films, under ‘RGV talkies’. He is even giving an open offer to release even others films under his banner, who can make the films as per his taste. “RGVtalkies will not restrict to only films made by me, but it will release films made by anyone suiting my taste,” RGV tweet reads. “My interest in digital space is, I don't need to restrict content for censor purposes nd feature length requirements,” his tweet further read. Clearly stating that he is against sports and do not believe in god, RGV tweeted, “#RGVtalkies will not under any circumstances release films made on God because I don't believe in God. #RGVtalkies will in no way release films made on sports because I hate sports.”Even putting a satire on the ongoing trend of sex comedies, RGV tweeted that he is not going to make Romantic or sex comedies. “#RGVtalkies will never release Romantic comedies and Sex comedies because I take both Love and Sex very seriously,” RGV tweet reads. Continuing his identical genre, RGV said that, he is going to release some dark, gritty kind of films. “#RGVtalkies will release erotic, crime, horror etc genres..in short anything which dark, gritty and shocking”, his tweet showed. Finally, giving a tight indirect blow to the censor board, who can now cannot restrict RGV’s online activities, the satirical star director tweeted, “I am going to dedicate my #RGVtalkies release debut film "Single X" to the Censor Board.”By Phani Ch

Read More