(Image source from: Rasoimenu.com)
Peda (Indian Milk Sweet) is a mouth-watering Indian sweet which is generally perpared during festivals and special occasion. This sweet can be easily made with few ingredients at your home. This sweet has a nice soft texture, an amazing flavor, and a wonderful taste. This sweet is loaded with calcium, protein, and iron. Try this sweet, this Rakhi.
- 1 cup crumbled mawa (Khoya, milk solid) (easily available in the market)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- 1/4 cup blanched , peeled and finely chopped pistachios
- a few saffron (kesar) strands
For The Garnish
- 2 tsp finely chopped pistachios
1. In a non-stick pan, add the Khoya and powdered sugar, mix it well and cook on a low flame for 6 minutes and stir continuously.
2. Switch off the flame and add the cardamom powder and mix it well and allow it to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Divide the mixture into two portions, 3/4th and ¼Th and in the 1/4th mixture, add the blanched pistachios and mix it well.
4. In the ¾ Th mixture, add the saffron strands and mix it well and divide the pistachio mixture into 8 equal portions.
5. Divide the saffron mixture into 8 equal portions and take a saffron mixture portion and flatten it between your palms.
6. Stuff a portion of the pistachio mixture in the center and bring together the edges in the center to seal the stuffing and shape it into a round and lightly flatten it.
7. Garnish it with ¼ tsp of pistachio on each peda and serve it or store in an airtight container.
Nutrient values per peda
- Energy 117 cal
- Protein 4.4 g
- Carbohydrates 9.6 g
- Fiber 0.1 g
- Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Vitamin A 32.6 mg
- Vitamin B1 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B2 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B3 0.2 mg
- Vitamin C 1.1 mg
- Folic Acid 0 mg
- Calcium 177.7 mg
- Iron 0.3 mg
- Magnesium 0 mg
- Phosphorus 0 mg
- Sodium 0 mg
- Potassium 0 mg
- Zinc 0 mg
By Meghna Nath