Lemon Browne is a soft succulence of the best Browne with the scent and flavor of lemon to make a perfectly delightful treat. The brownie is perked up with tangy ingredients like lemon juice and lemon zest, which give a fresh aroma and refreshing taste to the brownie. Serve the lemon brownie with a cup of tea.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Tart Lemon Glaze:
- 1 rounded cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8X8 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set it aside.
2. In a bowl add lemon juice and lemon zest and keep it aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined.
5. Pour into the flour mixture and beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy for2 minutes.
6. Pour into baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until it just starts to turn golden around the edges and till a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
8. For Glaze
9. Sift the powdered sugar, add lemon zest and juice, and whisk together all three ingredients.
10. You can add more powdered sugar or lemon juice here depending on the consistency you like.
11. Spread ½ the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula and let glaze set and put in the fridge for the setting .
12. Cut the brownies into bars, and serve.