Shahi Soya Curry Recipe:- Shahi Soya Curry is a mouth-watering dish that is very popular in the restaurants. This dish has a nice aroma, an amazing texture and also has a wonderful taste. The addition of cashew nut gives a nice creamy texture to the dish.This dish is perfect when you have a sudden guest at your home. You can serve this yummy dish for weeknight dinner. It tastes best with any Indian flat bread.
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped onions
- 6 to 7 cashew nuts (kaju)
- 1 tbsp soya oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 clove (laung / lavang)
- 1 cardamom (elaichi)
- 1 bay leaf (tejpatta)
- 25 mm (1") stick cinnamon (dalchini)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup fresh curds (dahi) , beaten
- 1 cup soaked and roughly chopped soaked and chopped soya chunks
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania) for garnishing
1. Heat a pan with enough water and add onions and cashew nuts and cook for 10 minutes and switch off the flame and blend to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
2. Heat the soya oil in a kadhai, add the cumin seeds, clove, cardamom, bay leaf and cinnamon.
3. When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and green chilies and fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add the blended paste, coriander powder, chili powder and curd and cook on low flame for a few minutes while stirring continuously.
5. Add the soya chunks, salt and 1 cup of water, mix it nicely and cook it for 5 minutes and switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves and serve it with roti or paratha.
Health Benefits of Soya Chunks
- Soya Chunks are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and protein.
- It is strongly recommended for diabetics, expectant mothers, growing children, cardiac patients, and weight-watchers
- Soya nuggets are one of the best sources of essential omega-3 fatty acids, which may help to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Meghna Nath