Easy and Tasty Mini Samosa Recipe:- Mini Samosa is Indian snack recipe made from pastry sheet which easily available in the market, and with various spices. This easy snack recipe is ideal for an occasion like kitty parties and anniversaries or can be served as an evening snack. Let’s follow this tasty recipe.
Prep Time: 30 min; Cook time: 15 min
- Potato, Large - 2
- Onion - 1
- Sambar powder/ red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
- Fennel seeds powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
- Amchur powder / Chaat masala (Optional) - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - As needed
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Jeera/ cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped - 2 tbsp
- Spring roll pastry sheets (Large size) - 8(easily available in the market)
- Maida - 2 tbsp
1. Keep pastry sheet at room temperature 30 min and boil and peel the skin of potatoes and mashed it and keep it aside.
2. Heat kadhai with oil and temper with jeera and add finely chopped onion, and mashed potatoes.
3. Add red chili powder/sambar, fennel seeds powder, turmeric powder, amchur/ chaat masala, garam masala, and salt and sprinkle a tbsp of water.
4. Mix it well and fry for 2 minutes in medium flame, add coriander leaves, mix it well.
5. Transfer to the serving bowl and in a small bowl add maida and water to make a paste. 4-ready
6. By now the sheets would have been ready for preparing. Peel off the sheet one by one carefully.
7. Keep a cover with a clean wet kitchen cloth to keep it damp and avoid drying as instructed in the pack.
8. Cut each sheet into equal sized strips and spoon a tsp of the prepared potato masala in each strip, over the top.
9. Fold it and towards the end spread little maida paste and stick it.
10. Keep the prepared samosas covered as well and with a wet kitchen cloth for this too.
11. If you do not have spring roll pastry sheets, you can do the same with maida and make a stiff dough with 1 cup maida, a tbsp of oil, salt and water and keep it aside for an hour, knead and make equal sized balls.
12. Roll as thin as possible and cut into square and use oil half way while rolling on one side to make rolling easy without getting shrunken.
13. Do not make this long (large) as if you a fold lot, it won’t get cooked inside and will become chewy.
14. Once everything is folded, heat oil and deep fry both sides in medium flame and once golden in color, drain on paper towels.
- If you do not have fennel powder, instead of tempering with jeera, temper with fennel or just skip it and add more garam masala powder.
- Maida paste should be smooth and should be able to keep the samosas sealed and if it is to thick then the sticking part will not look smooth, if it’s too water, it won’t stick.
- The spring roll pastry sheets give the maximum, crispiest samosa.
- You can use any filling of your choice and like you can make stuffing only with sliced onions.
- You can make the samosas and freeze it before frying.
- If you want to make next day, make it one before and freeze it and keep out 30 min before deep frying and fry it.
Serve hot with coffee/ tea and sweet and sour sauce as a side dish.