Tasty And Soft Dilkhush Recipe:- Dilkhush is a famous south Indian bread with sweet filling in it. It is delicious and one can enjoy biting into the sweet little tutti frutti and grated coconut in the bread. Let’s follow this tasty and soft recipe.
For the Dough
- 2 cups of sieved all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp of active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- A pinch or 2 of salt
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tbsp milk for brushing the bread
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 2-3 chopped cashew nuts
- 4-5 raisins.
- 1 tbsp tutti frutti.
- 3 tbsp sugar grinned into powder along with 1 cardamom and 1 clove.
- 1 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
For making the dough
1. Add yeast into the lukewarm water along with sugar and let it prove and once it is nice and frothy add it to the flour along with salt and knead a dough.
2. The dough will be sticky combine it till it comes together by kneading it in the circular motion and add in 1/2 tbsp butter while kneading it and leave this dough to prove preferably in a warm place for half an hour.
For making the filling
3. In a nonstick pan heat ghee and fry coconut till its golden brown.
4. Add in the sugar, cashew nuts, tutti frutti and raisin and saute for 1 min and switch off the flame.
5. Punch the dough and knead it again and now place it on a pastry board and flatten it with your hand.
6. Place over the filling and seal it by bringing the edges together and place this carefully in a greased baking tin with the pinched side down and leave it for a half an hour and after 1/2 an hour, our dough will double its size.
7. Brush it with milk and bake it in a preheated oven 180-degree celcius for 15-20 min or bake till done.
8. Remove it and brush some butter on the top when it is still warm and de-mold it when its little warm and serve with tea or coffee.
Check More Telangana Recipes