Do you need some simple recipe which can be done in ten minutes and tasty at the same time? This is a very famous Andhra Recipe which is made with tamarind juice. You will really like it and a great life saver when you are back home with a tired face.
- Tamarind-1 big lemon sized ball
- Onion-1/2 of a big one (finely chopped)
- Jaggery / Sugar- 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard Seds-1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds-1/2 tsp
- Red Chilies-3 nos
- Hing-1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves-few
- Oil-2 tsp
1. Soak tamarind in 3 cups of water along with salt in a bowl and extract the juice from the tamarind and discard the pulp and keep it aside.
2. Add the jaggery to the tamarind mixture and mix it well.
3. Heat oil and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and after they splutter add red chilies, hing and curry leaves and fry for a minute.
4. After its cool down crush the red chilies with fingers.
5. Pour this seasoning over the tamarind mixture and add chopped onions pieces.
6. Leave for 30 minutes and serve with hot rice.