USD($) - INR(₹)
AUD(A$) - INR(₹)
EUR(€) - INR(₹)
KWD - INR(₹)
How to Communicate Effective in a Relationship
Effective communication is the cornerstone of a healthy relationship. Communication is important for each partner to be able to express his feelings and to better understand the other's perspective, wants and needs. Communication makes it easier for couples to deal with problems as they arise, instead of waiting until they snowball into larger issues that may be too stressful or complicated to fix. Learning how to communicate effectively in a relationship is essential to building a strong foundation of trust and understanding.
1. Express yourself to your partner. Practice letting your lover know how you feel, what you like and don't like and what you need. Use "I" statements such as "I feel," "I like," "I want" and "I need." It can be hard to voice your desires at first, but the more you assert yourself, the easier it will become.
2. Listen to your partner. Take the time to hear what your partner has to say, without interrupting or interjecting your opinion. Strive to be open-minded and calm, and your partner will be more likely to open up to you and feel comfortable talking about a wide range of subjects.
3. Ask open-ended questions. If you want to get to know your partner better and learn more about her daily life, ask questions that encourage more than one-word answers, such as "How do you feel today?" "What have you been up to?" and other open-ended questions.
4. Be positive. Compliment your partner and offer praise often. You don't have to lie if you don't like something, but overall, keep a positive tone and show your partner you appreciate him. Being encouraging will make your partner feel good about communicating with you.
5. Set aside time for each other. It's hard to communicate effectively if you rarely see or talk to someone. Even if you're both busy, make the relationship a priority, creating time to talk on a regular basis. Having regular times to check in with each other will allow you both to talk about issues as they arise, dealing with them before they become too overwhelming.
Add Your Comments
Please ensure that you don't use abusive words in your comments. While you have a right to express your views, you have absolutely no right to abuse persons or events. Express your criticism in a gentle way.
Featured Movie News
Aadu Magaadra Bujji film with Sudheer Babu and Asmitha Sood as lead…
Allu Arjun starrer Race Gurram movie teaser released which is really a…
Talk less and work more is the policy of Kajal in the…
Samantha has always maintained she will be transparent before her viewers. She's…
In what has shocked everyone, ANR has called for a press meet…
Katrina Kaif, the lady that makes men go weak in the knees,…
- Life style