USD($) - INR(₹)
AUD(A$) - INR(₹)
EUR(€) - INR(₹)
KWD - INR(₹)
Setting up a guest room
Having family or guests come and live with you for a vacation? All you need to do is plan and equip your guest room well so that your guests are self sufficient and you do not have to be up and about, on your toes providing things for them.
Here's what you need to remember:
- Arrange for a decent and comfortable and clean bed and a couple a spare sheets, pillow covers and extra blankets to ensure they have a good night's sleep. To conserve space, you can opt for a sofa cum bed or a bunk bed.
- Keep an empty shelf or a corner where your guests can store their luggage. If you do not have a corner to spare, make arrangements for a table where they can keep their bags.
- Even if the cupboard in the spare room is full, if you know you're having guests over, make space. Provide them with space and hangers to hang their clothes. Alternatively, you can put some empty rods in a corner and stock plenty of spare hangers and clothes hooks.
- Some of the things you can equip a guest room with, include a side table with a jug of water and a glass, a torch and some interesting reading material. Keeping a spare iron in the guest room is also a very good idea. This way, your guests can be independent and they won't have to worry you for each and every small thing they need.
- Make sure the bathroom is well equipped with extra towels, toiletries like soap, toothpaste, spare toothbrushes, toilet paper, handy equipment like a bucket and a mug and even a couple of pairs of bathroom sandals. More importantly, make sure it is clean and every tap and flush working properly.
- If your guests have a child, they could probably need a table lamp or a dim night light so that they do not have to fumble in the dark when the baby suddenly wakes up in the night and cries. If it's an infant, you could also keep and electric kettle so that they can easily prepare the baby's feed if the need arises.
- Make sure you keep a couple of chairs in the room to allow for your guests to sit down and laze around. Using the bed continuously can indeed get a bit tedious.
Add Your Comments
Please ensure that you don't use abusive words in your comments. While you have a right to express your views, you have absolutely no right to abuse persons or events. Express your criticism in a gentle way.
Featured Movie News
Good news is 38 years old Sholay movie that was a super…
Sometimes a talk or a suggestion makes one think in those lines. …
Sherlyn Chopra's mother is asking her to get married soon! That is…
Haasan said that she like writing due to the fact that, it…
There is gossip that Rajamouli, the very acclaimed director is going to…
SRK, was known to have got discharged on Wednesday evening after undergoing…
- Life style