(Image source from: Telegraphindia.com)
Child Refused By Four Hospitals After Coin Stucks In His Throat:- A four-year-old boy named Arghya Biswas swallowed a coin on Saturday afternoon in his home. He has been rejected by four hospitals and the coin has been brought out finally in SSKM Hospital through endoscopic procedure. The incident took place in Gagapur in Nadia. His grandfather revealed about the incident saying that Arghya swallowed Re 1 coin and he was left gasping for air after it got stuck in his throat.
He has been taken to Kalyani’s College of Medicine and JNM Hospital but they had no instruments for endoscopic removal. They then went to NRS Hospital but the doctors could not do much. His condition deteriorated soon and he was rushed to Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratisthan but the doctors there too left the patient in disappointment. Arghya's grandfather thanked the doctors of SSKM Hospital for their quick response and saving his life. He is now recovering well and would be discharged soon.